Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Here is a good review of the Ryzen 2700X vs the 8700K - https://thinkcomputers.org/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-processor-review/
The only thing I don't like about this review is the charts are set to show a big difference even if there is a one frame difference, you have to look at the numbers to fully...
I saw a post from the ASROCK forum where a guy claimed to get a 3% boost by disabling Dr debug in the bios. He could not have been more right.
I had mine set to show the cpu temp. Last month I noticed I lost around 50 points in CINEBENCH and for some reason I lost 5 frames from METRO REDUX...
I had the same issue you had, the fix is to do a fresh reboot then delete the AMD folder on your C drive. Launch the new 17.40 chipset drivers it will recreate the AMD folder and dump the new files there then start the install.
The AMD folder is just a place where the files get unpacked I...
cpu-z and Ryzen master always show the correct speed. If you are using Ryzen Master to overclock Windows does not dynamically change to the correct speed.
Problem: a thing called TDR checker monitors the computers hardware, particularly the GPU, is say the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver. The TDR checker was good on paper but did not work in the real world. as a gpu can stop responding when it...
I walked into my local Costco last month and they had this monitor for 599.99, although I did not come into Costco to buy a monitor I walked out with one. It is by far the best monitor I have ever owned.
The reviews on the major retailers is still very good for this monitor including most people that post here. The color is great for a TN panel, this is by far the best monitor I have ever owned. Uniformity and color are great and its super fast what else can you ask for. Mine had no dead pixels...
Panel uniformity and color reproduction are two different things. Read the reviews of the Asus and Acer IPS panels, just about every one stated the top 3rd of the panel was noticeably different than the bottom, this panel does not suffer that problem. Color reproduction is very good on this...
Dell has made a great gaming monitor, It uses one of the best if not the best TN panel available, it has an 8 bit panel and none of the quality control issues Asus and Acer has. The reviews on Amazon and New egg also back up my statement.
Its faster and has better uniformity than recent IPS...
go to color management and add it then make it your default color profile.
Go to search in windows version 7-8-10 then type color then select color management.
I set my brightness to 20, left gamma alone in the monitor setting, turned off deep sleep
download the dell_s2716dg.icc file from tft central
In my nvidia control panel I set gamma to .80 and digital vibrance to 63%
This gave the panel outstanding colors for me.
I was reading the most recent reviews on new-egg that's what many people said. I like Asus motherboards but their support is the worst and QC on monitors is sad. At least with Dell you get great support.
You will pay more for 2560*1440 and 8 bit color which the XL2720Z does not have. I love the BenQ btw I have one too. I gave it to my daughter when i upgraded to the Dell.
The picture on this monitor is great and most of the reviews agree with me. The panel uniformity is the best I have seen...