Dr debug uses system resources

Howard Stern

Weaksauce
I saw a post from the ASROCK forum where a guy claimed to get a 3% boost by disabling Dr debug in the bios. He could not have been more right.

I had mine set to show the cpu temp. Last month I noticed I lost around 50 points in CINEBENCH and for some reason I lost 5 frames from METRO REDUX BENCHMARK. which is 9%.

I figured it was a video driver update or maybe a Windows update that caused it. Most other game benchmarks seemed within the margin of error like Heaven Benchmark 4.0 and Superposition Benchmark.

I disabled dr deg in the bios and it restored the loses. Pretty bizarre behavior imo I thought I would share this with this forum. I do not know if all Asrock boards behave like this but the Taichi X370 and Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X do.

I can reproduce it by disabling and enabling it in the bios. Funny thing I was just looking around in the bios when I saw options for dr debug so I left it on cpu temp. I did not put 2 and 2 together when I saw the loss in performance that a bios change like that would result in performance loss.

Give it a try if you have dr debug turned on its kind of useless anyway unless you have issues with your pc.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the hardware reserved ram on a lot of amd boards? Asus and others have similar post helpers, maybe they get in the way with uefi mode somehow?

Did you try setting it to not display the temp, but just operate normally? Maybe the temp display is what uses the resources.

Back