A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I appreciate everyone taking the time to post photos. Here is my contribution:
Color - White
Mine came with no pixel defects and only slight uniformity issues. I am very pleased with this monitor.
Mine were new, and it took about 1-2 weeks of heavy use for the borders to fade.
One of the monitors was the Westinghouse L2410NM. Others have noticed the same problem:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=954419
In particular, look at rdewey's post. Is it possible your monitor...
Mine also had something in it that changed colors depending on viewing angle. I figured it was a tiny fuzz catching the backlight and neighboring subpixels, but I'm not certain.
The screendooring I've noticed has been ridiculously noticeable, so I am just unlucky. :( And perhaps I'm using the term incorrectly - I meant rows of pixels that are spaced slightly more than the rest of the rows, inconsistently.
The buzzing on the second Westinghouse gave me a headache...
Everyone post your bad LCD experiences here! I'll start.
I've gone through five (5) LCDs total and have had to return them all.
Westinghouse L2410NM (Newegg) - Very noticeable screendoor effect in upper right corner.
Westinghouse L2410NM (Sam's club) - Not as noticeable screendoor, but...
BTW, here's a picture that shows the horizontal lines (most notably on the left side of the image). Does nobody else notice this at all in the lower left corner on light colors?
This is what I mean by screen door effect: http://xtknight.50webs.com/lcd26/page3.htm
It's barely noticeable and only shows on certain light colors, but it's definitely only happening on one part of the screen. Gotta love LCDs!
The one I ended up sticking with is the Soyo DYLM24D6. I got it for $275 at a local OfficeMax and it has an MVA panel (which are getting hard to find). :) Just watch out for the TN versions of this monitor (if you don't want TN, anyway) - basically, if the box says 6ms response time, it's MVA...
I hate to say it, but there is no quality LCD. I've gone through about 4 (non-TNs) already and they all sucked (uneven backlight, discoloration in a corner, image retention, bad screen door effect), but my current one is least-suck and it was cheap. :)
Does anyone else notice a slight screen door effect in the lower left corner of the (MVA) panel? It seems to show up only on some colors (such as light gray/white). I remember seeing something similar on my LG L246WP (it uses the same panel) now that I think about it.