SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

Still no problem with mine, but I just upgraded to the 3007WFP-HC :)

Has anyone successfully hooked this monitor up to a PS3? I don't want to run blu-ray on it or even set it at 1080p or anything so the HDCP shouldn't kick in but when I got a DVI to HDMI cable and tried to hook up my PS3 to this monitor I couldn't get it to show the picture.

I purchased a Soyo 24" Topaz-S in January 2008 from Walmart and have been using it daily since. Manufacturing date on unit is October 2007. Had one stuck red pixel that would not be fixed, and noticed the monitor outputs a LOT of heat, but otherwise had no issues with it until a few weeks ago when the weather became warmer.

Now I've been regularly getting persistent ghost images on my screen after leaving a program onscreen for more than about 30 minutes (e.g. my browser). (Similar to CRT burn-in but not permanent.)

Also having some weird color issues. When the monitor has been on for several hours, I get very thin vertical banding, like an interlacing pattern, across certain hues. For example, a gray color will display as bands of green and black. Turning the monitor off for a while temporarily resolves it.

I can't tell if it's because the weather is warmer, or something that just happened over time. Will report more findings when I have the air conditioning running regularly.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Mine is still running fine after 6 months of constant use................;)

It does run a little on the warm side, but I have a 120mm 1000 rpm fan connected to a 9 volt DC adapter blowing on the back vent holes to force the heat out, so it stays nice and cool...........:)

Are these monitors still in production? They have disappeared from the OfficeMax website.

After nine months of use mine is still like new. Had no problems when it was 90*F in the house either.

Are these monitors still in production? They have disappeared from the OfficeMax website.

Soyo changed the panel being used from an MVA to a TN, back in December. If you find one in a box with 6ms, chances are it's an MVA panel. If it says 3ms, chances are it's a TN panel.

I got both PVAs, I'm very happy :)

2602311129_cff3dbd898_b.jpg

Soyo changed the panel being used from an MVA to a TN, back in December. If you find one in a box with 6ms, chances are it's an MVA panel. If it says 3ms, chances are it's a TN panel.
my second one was jan. 08, its a mva :)

It's a cheap ebay dual desktop stand. It's awesome. The specs say it maxes at 22" but it works on the 24"s :)

Cool. I found it. It actually looks pretty sweet. A lot of functions. I'm in an office with limited space so this works really well with the stand clamping to the desk. Cheers!

Has anyone successfully hooked this monitor up to a PS3? I don't want to run blu-ray on it or even set it at 1080p or anything so the HDCP shouldn't kick in but when I got a DVI to HDMI cable and tried to hook up my PS3 to this monitor I couldn't get it to show the picture.

Won't work on PS3...I tried it too. The PS3 uses HDCP all the time --- so since this monitor is not HDCP compliant --- NO DICE...

:(

It works fine on the 360 though.

BTW --- Mine is prolly about six months old too. It works perfectly and I've never had a problem. I'm EXTREMELY happy with it.

Question for you! I found there are two models of the Topaz S by Soyo.

MTGWDYLM24D6

MTNIDYLM24D6

How are these different?

i would say perhaps they are different region codes, one for usa, one for europe etc?

Hell just thought I let Y'all know mine is still running like new
No dead pixels,no excess heat,no auto shutoff problems at all

actually its as good as my friends 42" plasma screen :)

They're not sold anymore. Local stores /may/ have some left in stock but it's pure luck of the draw, and occasionally geeks.com has them refurbished, but they don't appear to at the moment.

So i found one at a Officemax close to me. It's going for $399 and I'm really thinking of upgrading from my HP h2207 to this screen. Would I see any big difference? And HDCP matters to me but I can buy HDFury converter which should solve that problem.

Well, for $500 (I believe the HDFury costs ~$100, right) there are arguably better options. This display is a good deal at $300, but not so much at $400 unless you absolutely hate TN panels and aren't willing to potentially buy used. I believe there is a 26" DoubleSight that's non-TN going for ~$400, you might want to look there.

Well, for $500 (I believe the HDFury costs ~$100, right) there are arguably better options. This display is a good deal at $300, but not so much at $400 unless you absolutely hate TN panels and aren't willing to potentially buy used. I believe there is a 26" DoubleSight that's non-TN going for ~$400, you might want to look there.

I was thinking about the Doublesight 26" IPS screen also but the screen is $700.00. It seems once that Soyo screen goes it's going to be extremely hard to find one around my area. I was even suprised to find one when I was done reading several pages before the last.

If it was for $350.00 I'd buy it then. Guess i'll play the waiting game and hope the screen doesn't sell before I decide.

What's the manufacture date on the box? If it's 12/2007 you risk a TN panel. If it's after 12/2007, you are pretty much guaranteed one. Also, given this display's history of hit or miss quality control (mine is still going strong with daily use, but some have died in a day, a week, or a month after purchase, or developed odd lines of dead pixels) the store having only one reduces your chances. Could get lucky though.

I saw two on the shelf of an OM near me. The boxes had different response times - so I am assuming the one with 6ms response was the mva.

I found this display on Craigslist for 280$, with a 3 year futureshop warranty. But I also found the Dell 2405FPW for about $300 on ebay (might go up), and the Soyo PRLM24D4 for $320. What's opinion between these three? Which should I go for?

The Soyo with the 6ms is great. I bought 2. Best picture I have ever seen on a monitor, steal of a price, easy to use and set.

Well since looking at that Soyo screen it seems there aren't any color shifts going from side to side even when looking at it in a steep angle. I didn't check the up and down shifts but I ended almost buying it.

It's called the Soyo Topaz and it's a 6ms screen. For $400 what do you guys think? Pass up the deal or look for another screen. Also how is the input lag on the MVA Soyo's?

I ended up picking this up for 280$ with a 3-year warranty from futureshop from a guy who thought it was too big for him :D

Any idea how to adjust the viewing angle? It won't seem to budge, and the manual isn't very helpful.

[EDIT] Has anyone figured out how to change the sharpness? At http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php, the image is as bad as it gets. It may be a problem with my video card, which I'm looking into, but it seems surprising that you can't change the sharpness on the monitor itself...

sharpness on my monitor is perfect....perhaps that's the reason he was getting rid of it?

Do you hve it hooked up to your computer through DVI or through VGA?

If VGA make sure and do the autosetup to get a good starting point. It's the bottom button on the right side of the display.

If DVI, try swiping cables. I've heard multiple people say the DVI cable they were using(the one it came with) made a difference when they tried another (might be more of an insecure connection thing)

I ended up picking this up for 280$ with a 3-year warranty from futureshop from a guy who thought it was too big for him :D

Any idea how to adjust the viewing angle? It won't seem to budge, and the manual isn't very helpful.

[EDIT] Has anyone figured out how to change the sharpness? At http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php, the image is as bad as it gets. It may be a problem with my video card, which I'm looking into, but it seems surprising that you can't change the sharpness on the monitor itself...

This monitor is NOT adjustable unless you buy a third-party stand (as I also found out). Like the previous user said, the sharpness problem you experience may be the reason why the seller sold it to you. But you can always RMA it back to Soyo.

It's on VGA. I don't have a DVI cable available, but I'll grab one tonight and hook it up. I've done the autosetup; it doesn't help.

The second image is almost perfect, but I can definitely see boxes in the first.

Any other ideas?

I have gained access to a CRT. Someone link me to the timer program reviewers use and I will test the input lag on the original p-mva monitor.

This monitor looks like utter trash via VGA -- do not use it. Get a quality DVI cable and you will see a major difference in image quality.

I'm still looking into hooking this up via DVI. My main machine is a laptop, and it doesn't have DVI, only VGA.

Now I'm concerned that the panel I got is actually a TN (yes, I'm a newbie, yes, it's
pointless if I can't tell the difference, but I want to know wether I got a good value).

The horizontal viewing angle is amazing, but it seems that the colors begin to invert past 45 degrees vertically. The manufacture date is 2007.12.

How can I know for sure?

I'm still looking into hooking this up via DVI. My main machine is a laptop, and it doesn't have DVI, only VGA.

Now I'm concerned that the panel I got is actually a TN (yes, I'm a newbie, yes, it's
pointless if I can't tell the difference, but I want to know wether I got a good value).

The horizontal viewing angle is amazing, but it seems that the colors begin to invert past 45 degrees vertically. The manufacture date is 2007.12.

How can I know for sure?
the globe test of course :). search further back in this thread.

The globe does not invert at all from the top. Only some colours of the globe begin to invert from below, at perhaps 75 degrees, but the background remains the same.

My monitor also seems to flicker occasionally, mostly on dark colours, but sometimes on whites as well. It's hooked up through VGA; I'm going to hook it up through DVI today and see if the problem persists. Would this be grounds for RMA?

Back