Recent content by Hercules

  1. H

    Need help building a LAN and Wifi network...

    Hi all, My uncle's got a business where he provides free wifi access to his clients, but there are a few problems with the network as it's designed. First, the wifi access point is only 1, and it's literally outside the building in a 'mechanical' room so the signal strength sucks. The IT...
  2. H

    FS: Biostar TH67+ RMA (Sandy Bridge!) - $65 shipped

    Bump, taking offers!
  3. H

    FS: Biostar TH67+ RMA (Sandy Bridge!) - $65 shipped

    Continental US only. I sent this out on an RMA and just got it back, and in the interim I bought a new board as I couldn't wait for the RMA. Just trying to recoup some of the cost since I couldn't wait. It's a new board off RMA, originally purchased 3/17. PM with any questions, first one gets...
  4. H

    MSI-P67A GD65 Wake on Lan issues...

    So I'm having some issues waking my PC from my XBox 360 (MCE Extender, it *does* send a magic packet). That said, I got WOL to work once when I went into the BIOS and set the PC to use "BIOS" settings for Wakeup capabilities. However, the USB, and everything else is unresponsive so I had to do...
  5. H

    If I sleep my HTPC, I don't get sound on wake...

    Think this will be an issue if I get rid of the ATI card?
  6. H

    If I sleep my HTPC, I don't get sound on wake...

    Oh, it wakes the monitor fine.. like I said, I just have no sound.
  7. H

    If I sleep my HTPC, I don't get sound on wake...

    I'm using HDMI for video and audio through a ATI 6870, into a Denon receiver. When I boot my HTPC, I get video, audio, and everything works fine. When I put it to sleep, I turn off my receiver. When I wake it up, I don't get sound. Some things I've found are that when I turn on the receiver...
  8. H

    FS: 4GB DDR2 Kit and Radeon 4870 1GB!

    Both were bought from Newegg, so these are the original links to them: OCZ 4GB DDR2 240pin Kit: $40 shipped to the continental US http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227195 HIS Radeon 4870 1GB: $80 shipped to the continental US...
  9. H

    Gaming on the couch?

    Again, the wireless/wired isn't the issue here. I am content with running a long USB cable if I really have to. I only game at night and I can wrap it up so it's not a big deal or an eyesore. That said, I just don't know how I can accommodate that stuff on my lap. That's my main issue. So if...
  10. H

    Gaming on the couch?

    Okay, so I am building a home theater PC, and I want to be able to use my keyboard/mouse from a distance. Now whether I have to get a long USB or go wireless is irrelevant honestly, because I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to hold them both and be comfortable to game!?! I am open to ideas...
  11. H

    I have a stupid question for multiple monitor users...

    How do you play games on it? I was thinking about getting a dual monitor setup for development purposes, however I am still a gamer. I don't want to stretch the gaming screen across two monitors because some games will flat out look stupid, and others will push my GPU too far. I don't need to...
  12. H

    Trying to find a case to build a NAS out of....

    Any ideas? It will be a 2HD server that will run Win 2008, SQL, and maybe some other stuff. It's going to be my development box and backup box. Feel free to chip in with suggestions :)
  13. H

    Budget gaming card ~$50...

    This seems to be the right bet... I'm going with it, provided I can find it elsewhere as Newegg charges me tax :( EDIT: Even with the tax, Newegg is by far the cheapest. Thanks a lot!
Back
Top