• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by heatthegreat

  1. H

    Upgrading to Stream on Twitch

    Im running it at 3500 bitrate. I've tried all different bitrates. What is weird is that when OBS is just open ( not streaming ) my games stutter. When I close OBS, the game runs smooth again. The framerate is still showing 100+ but the gameplay is choppy. I've tried 720p 30, 540p 30/60, NVENC...
  2. H

    Upgrading to Stream on Twitch

    So, currently I have a 6600K @ 4.6 ghz 16GB RAM and a Titan X (Maxwell) while gaming at 1440p and it just isn't enough to stream at the quality I'd like to stream without turning down the resolution and ingame settings. Whenever I start OBS( not even when I stream, just having the program...
  3. H

    AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Card Review @ [H]

    It doesn't work that way. Review sites don't review cards based on just their strengths.. They take into account all resolutions to effectively rate the card. Fury X is marketed as a high end GPU, so it will get tested against other high end GPUs at it's price point. It would be misleading if...
  4. H

    ASUS & HardOCP 20th Anniversary GTX 980 Gold Edition Lucky Draw

    Concrete-core chokes and hardened MOSFETs
  5. H

    New Titan X. Make the jump to 1440p G-Sync or go 1080p G-Sync.

    You da real MVP. But really, thanks for your input.
  6. H

    New Titan X. Make the jump to 1440p G-Sync or go 1080p G-Sync.

    Sooooo, am I good with a 2500k at 4.2.. Lol I'm not cheap to upgrade if it's really going to an issue.. But if my 2500k still has the legs to run with my Titan X, I want to get every last ounce out of it. And by the way, thanks for all the replies! Ps: numerous threads on the web state that...
  7. H

    New Titan X. Make the jump to 1440p G-Sync or go 1080p G-Sync.

    Is there any proof that a 2500k at 4.2 to 4.4 is any different than any of the current processors at the same speed when gaming? Not calling you a liar, but I've had more people tell me that it won't cause a bottleneck than those that say it does.. I usually like upgrading my CPU when I upgrade...
  8. H

    New Titan X. Make the jump to 1440p G-Sync or go 1080p G-Sync.

    I've been told that my 2500k at 4.2ghz will in fact not bottleneck the Titan or bottleneck to the point where it warrants an upgrade. And I can go higher, i just chose 4.2 ghz. Also, the reason why my memory is 3x2GB is when I built this rig 2 years ago, I had no clue on how dual channel worked...
  9. H

    New Titan X. Make the jump to 1440p G-Sync or go 1080p G-Sync.

    Title says it all.. I'm currently at 1080p 60hz and with the Titan X, I feel I need to upgrade my monitor. Question I have is, should I stay at 1080p and go gsync 144hz,or get the new Acer 1440p IPS gsync 144hz? I went to 1080p in the first place because I didnt want to upgrade as often with...
  10. H

    Going from 680 GTX to ??? Need help deciding!

    Hmm, with the new Titan X preview.. the 12GB is really enticing lol. For $1000, the card should last me awhile. I forgot the mention that I do have a 1440p Crossover monitor.. I just "downgraded" because the 680 was struggling and going 1080p was cheaper than buying a new video card at the time...
  11. H

    Going from 680 GTX to ??? Need help deciding!

    Ok, to keep this short, Im looking to upgrade my video card for 1080p gaming. I like to use AA when I can but it really isn't that important. What's important is 60fps solid. I have a huge pet peeve that if I can't play at max settings with 60 fps ( or High settings with 60 fps; since in most...
  12. H

    Destiny = Dreamcast's Phantasy Star Online?

    Yes, it just captures you. The game is very basic, but it keep sme coming back for more.. even if it is to just run Devil's Lair over and over again.
  13. H

    Destiny = Dreamcast's Phantasy Star Online?

    I won't make this long, but I'm a PC gamer at heart. Yes, I eventually buy each console because I can't live without Metal Gear and Halo. But I will say this, the Destiny beta ( not even the full game ) is the most time I spent on a console game since PSO on my Dreamcast so many years ago. I...
  14. H

    Card for Skyrim with ALOT of texture mods etc.

    Well, I game at 1080p with a GTX 680 2GB. Needless to say, I'm running out of VRAM. It does sound kind of ridiculous to get a card just for a game and it's mods.. but it's the only game in the past 2 years I've actually continually played and I'm still having a good time revisiting it. I...
  15. H

    Is a 2500k @ 4.2ghz enough for GTX 680 SLI?

    I play at 1080p now and usually keep vsync off
Back
Top