Destiny = Dreamcast's Phantasy Star Online?

heatthegreat

Limp Gawd
I won't make this long, but I'm a PC gamer at heart. Yes, I eventually buy each console because I can't live without Metal Gear and Halo. But I will say this, the Destiny beta ( not even the full game ) is the most time I spent on a console game since PSO on my Dreamcast so many years ago. I dunno what it is, maybe the whole space thing, I dunno, but I've played this beta longer than Borderlands 2. When I bought my PS4, I forgot about Destiny until I seen the pre-order coupon for $5 at my local game store ( I live in S. Korea) I just fired it up to give it a try seeing as how I only had one game ( MGS 5 Ground Zeroes ) and have been hooked ever since. Am I the only one who thinks this? O and Oddworld is great.

I actually thought Destiny reminded me of PSO when I played the beta on ps4. I also spent many hours on it. I am just hoping the game remains rather unchanged on release.

Yes, it just captures you. The game is very basic, but it keep sme coming back for more.. even if it is to just run Devil's Lair over and over again.

I'll buy my copy used for 15.00-20.00 on ebay maybe give it another shot =)
Really wasn't taken into it but maybe my expectation were way too high. I like the Gear in the game =)

It does have a PSO vibe. It's one of reasons I couldn't stop playing the game.

9/9/14 can't come soon enough.

It does have a PSO vibe. It's one of reasons I couldn't stop playing the game.

9/9/14 can't come soon enough.

I dont know flip about "PSO":eek: but i agree 110% that September the ninth-twenty fourteen cannot come soon enough.:D

I just played through the intro chapter before you get dropped off in the city.

I'm not sure if I'm just spoiled by PC FPS', but the game looked horribly washed out on PS3. Felt fun though, I'll give it some more time later tonight.

Yes it is. And that's a good thing. I dumped a ton of time into Phantasy Star Online. This looks and plays better.

Back