Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
its great to start with including services even if cloud based that you already have devices on.
Then you can get accustomed to the entity / dashboard buildout at a simple level.
Its amazingly flexible and addicting
I had 3 of them at different sites and would get about 6mo - 1.5yrs out of drives. (They are 2.5” as well). Finally replaced one with an SSD and that has done better.
I run UDM SE’s with no issues and have one NVR which is a beast (it is a bit faster review footage, pulling up live views, etc)...
When you setup a RAID or Disk Array the NAS manages the duplication seamlessly. You just see the single destination folder.
So long story short, yea the NAS takes care of it.
What you would actually be better off doing is setting up a couple of the drives as a RAID in the NAS. This will protect from a drive failure.
You can achieve the second layer of protection, a true offsite backup, by simply connecting an external drive to the NAS routinely.
I actually do this...
Just in case others come looking for info, that is not what this model is for.
This is a very speciality use case AP that is meant for areas needing to have extremely high density (IE LOTS of clients) in a smaller area. Think stadiums, public event venues etc. Normally APs are good for...
The Nanostations are amazing and rock solid. You cant manage them in Unifi, but dont need to. I have had many setup for years and just treat it like a hardwire link, they always restore after power outages, disruptions, etc.
The PTP unifi devices are overpriced compared to that nanostations...
For dead simple failover, I have had great luck with Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro and SE. Not a ton of customization, but it is very reliable and quick to manage the failover seamlessly.
Have been running at a few sites and my home for over 2yrs.
When I moved to my new house and had to get Comcast, I too hated the idea of using their modem. I have always been an own my own equipment and just give me straight internet kind of guy.
That said, I have been using the Xfi deal in bridge mode with their extra wifi disabled and it has been...