• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by GoodThings

  1. G

    Thinkpad Z61t for $539.10

    JustIntox: Make sure you are getting what you want. I don't mind having to lug this larger thing around, especially after I upgraded to the 7 cell. I am no expert on the value difference here of course. I've bought too many things just for them being a good deal and not fit for...
  2. G

    Thinkpad Z61t for $539.10

    Well thanks for the help guys. I put the order in with 2GB memory, the 7 cell battery, and the Vista home premium. Hopefully Vista runs ok on this proc. Total was $727.20 + $43 tax. Shipping is free UPS ground, or you can pay 25 for 2 day air shipping. Estimated ship date...
  3. G

    Thinkpad Z61t for $539.10

    With Vista Home Premium and 2GB, final price after coupon is $655.
  4. G

    Thinkpad Z61t for $539.10

    Ok - good reply! That leads me more towards taking this one... I had a thinkpad before and it lasted forever. I want to put the Vista Home Premium on this though, which is a 50 dollar upgrade. In doing so, is the $80 memory upgrade to 2GB worthwhile? Also, this includes...
  5. G

    Thinkpad Z61t for $539.10

    I'm definately in the market for a new laptop ($450-650). I tried comparing this against Dell on a couple models and it doesn't look to be that great of a deal. How does this proc compare to a AMD TurionTM 64x2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56 (1.80GHz 512K). Dell small biz...
  6. G

    Value of this system?

    Thanks for everyones reply. Sounds like $200 is about right on the computer, so I'll tell her $100 is appropriate. On the new computer issue, the reason I thought building was worse than buying is because I don't want to liability of getting the dual video with high resolution for...
  7. G

    Value of this system?

    I have two questions for anyone interested in helping me out on this forum. First question: -I'm selling my current girlfriend my last computer, and I was going to do about 50% of whatever a fair current value for the machine is. It is a Dell 5150 Pentium 4 2.8Ghz /w hyperthreading...
  8. G

    Stable OC recommendation for this config...

    As for the memory, this is the newegg part: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065 G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) The G.Skill 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM is a spectacular offering from a company known for its reliable...
  9. G

    Stable OC recommendation for this config...

    My other thread became a bit off topic, so I decided to start this new one. Old thread here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1177284 I have the following setup: Gigabyte DS3 with F10 BIOS E6400 Core 2 Duo (2.1 stock Ghz) GSkill 800MHZ ram 2GB (2x 1GB sticks) - I bought this on...
  10. G

    CPU-Z and Orthos read different CPU speed?

    Orthos was just reading it incorrect, thank you. It even says est 8.0 multiplier. I was pretty sure it wasnt running stable at 4000 ;)
  11. G

    CPU-Z and Orthos read different CPU speed?

    Thanks for utility links, temps seem fine. It keeps running Orthos on these settings, but at 40 minutes it finally made a rounding error. System did not crash. Is it normal for an error to eventually occur on Orthos? Does anyone know a good place to find BIOS settings for various...
  12. G

    CPU-Z and Orthos read different CPU speed?

    First off - I want to apologize for any idiocy in my question. I've been lurking around on these boards for some overclocking help with my config. I have the following setup: Gigabyte DS3 with F10 BIOS E6400 Core 2 Duo (2.1 stock Ghz) GSkill 800MHZ ram 2GB (2x 1GB sticks) - I bought...
  13. G

    Dell Inspiron 600m only running at 600Mhz

    Thanks for the help, its been years since I'm been into computers. I've never heard of a processor changing clock speeds while running. I have plugged the comp in, no change in clock rate, and I also tried running programs, no change in clock rate. Kind of odd...
  14. G

    Dell Inspiron 600m only running at 600Mhz

    For some reason, after a clean install of XP Pro and all driver updates from the dell service website, my computer is running only at 600Mhz. The processor is rated at 1.6, it is a Pentium M. In the dell BIOS, there seem to be no options to change any of the clock settings. What...
Back
Top