• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stable OC recommendation for this config...

GoodThings

n00b
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
14
My other thread became a bit off topic, so I decided to start this new one. Old thread here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1177284

I have the following setup:

Gigabyte DS3 with F10 BIOS
E6400 Core 2 Duo (2.1 stock Ghz)
GSkill 800MHZ ram 2GB (2x 1GB sticks) - I bought this on Newgg for 189, it says it can run over 1000 believe...
Zalman copper heat pipe cooler


In the F10 BIos, I'm unable to play with memory voltage (only overvoltage), and I can't mess with CAS # settings. Should I keep using this BIOS or flash to F7 or F9 BIOS?

Also, what recommendations do you all have for this memory? Should I just leave it at 750, 800, or 1000? Can I run stable at 1000? I was running 500x6 and 1000 memory (6-6-6-16 or something) and it ran Orthos for 1 hour before erroring. I just ran 375x8(3GHZ) and 750mhz on the memory and it ran orthos for 15 hours no errors. CPU temps are cold.

I thought I paid a ton for this memory, it was more than other 800 speed alternatives. Can I get more out of it, if so, what should I try to setup? How can I play with the voltage! I think if I can run more voltage, 2.2 or something, then I can run 1000mhz ram without any orthos failing.

One last thing, should I shoot higher with the CPU or is that pretty respectable as is?
 
As for the memory, this is the newegg part:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065



G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

The G.Skill 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM is a spectacular offering from a company known for its reliable, overclockable, tweakable memory. Screaming along at 800MHz, it’ll cheerfully be run up well beyond the 1000MHz mark if you’re willing to loosen the timings a bit.

This is high-performance memory for the serious gamer or graphic artist who needs blazing data transfer rates, quick loads, or some way to do it all at once. Equipped with neat, efficient black heatspreaders, these modules exude “performance.” G.Skill markets itself as the “Ultimate Overclocker” and they’re certainly living up to their name with this pair of winners!
 
Back
Top