• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by GeorgeK

  1. G

    Applications randomly exiting/crashing

    EDIT: I ran prime95 on stock settings and after 2 hours, 2 cores would crash. When overclocking my CPU @ 400MHz FSB (3.6GHz) and raising vCore (1.256v) and mem volts (2.06v), Prime95 kept going at it 12+ hours and i've experienced no application crashes...you think this problem has something to...
  2. G

    Applications randomly exiting/crashing

    Hi all, i've be encoutering some random crashes with certain programs on my computer. This all started after i tried playing crysis warhead on steam (which i never got to). After that, I would just be browsing the net via IE or FF and it would crash followed by the "....has encoutered an problem...
  3. G

    Can't access 2nd hard drive after format

    Hello all. I recently built a new computer during the summer and was running into some issues so i decided to do a clean installation of XP today. I have two hard drives. a WD 74gb Raptor and a WD 320GB. The OS is installed on the raptor and the rest of my data is stored on the 320GB. After...
  4. G

    Chrome Fades as Users Return to IE, Firefox

    i tried chrome and can't stand the "aw snap something went wrong" crap..damn no-sandbox fix won't even work either..
  5. G

    System Crashes have hit me :(

    just found out what the culprit was...when running prime95 again, i began touching every single thing in my computer and found out that the northbridge chip was extremely hot. I decided to modify the crazy cooling that previously cooled the chipset and re-attach it (had to remove it due to TRUE...
  6. G

    System Crashes have hit me :(

    hey yall. got my new rig all set up and running a week ago with no problem..then out of nowhere yesterday, after pooping in Doom 3 (Felt like playing it) my system would completely freeze and i would have to restart. Ran Prime95 after the restart and 5 mins later my system would freeze again. I...
  7. G

    Lapped CPU and TRUE.. increase tension?

    I added a washer underneath the clamp of my TRUE 120 and the thing still wiggles just as much as without the washer..
  8. G

    How many step up programs are there?

    BFG 100 day step up program
  9. G

    AMD ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Preview

    hot diggity damn! looks like this card will be the final piece of the puzzle for my new rig which lacking a graphics card!
  10. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    sweet..calculated total cost..adds up a little over $2,000! Thanks to all who helped,
  11. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    hmmm.... really? well if that does happen then the Q9550 it is! note: i'll be buying most of the parts sometime in late July - early August so prices should be a tiny bit cheaper!
  12. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    i've decided to go with.. -G.SKILL 4GB F2-8500CL5D PC2-8500 $119 -Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 $290 -Corsair TX750W 750W ATX $99 Thanks for all your help guys!
  13. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    Yeah..I guess DDR3 proves no massive advantage over DDR2 currently..So for now, i'll be switching to -Mushkin XP2-8500 DDR2-1066 4GB $124 EDIT: I'll be switching to this board which supports DDR2 -Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 $290 and you know what..as someone said on another thread. I...
  14. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    I'll be purchasing a CPU cooler sometime in the near future when I decide to OC my cpu!
  15. G

    Critique my next upgrade!

    Hey all. I've decided for a while that it's that time again to upgrade my computer! Please bare with me as i'm not too 100% keen on today's hardware and I would like for you all to help me out! I've put together most of the parts i will be purchasing but would like some guidance on whether...
Back
Top