How many step up programs are there?

Bigjmaster18

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
109
I know theres an Evga Step up program for their video cards.

i was just wondering if any other companies or brands had a similar program.
 
I'll be honest with you, I thought they all were a big joke. Who would care to buy a new video card 90 or 100 days after you just spent the time researching and looking for the best deal?

I bought my 9600GT for $150 in May. I have about 2 weeks left on my 90-day EVGA Step-Up, and I'm about to submit for my 9800GTX+ for $50. To me? That's a GREAT deal. When I was looking, the 9600GT was close enough to the 8800GT for about $50 cheaper. At $200, only the 8800GT and variants were options.... and the $50 cheaper 9600GT was nearly the same performance.

However, the 9800GTX+ at $200 is a screaming deal to compete with the ATi 4850 at the same price. For me, the Step-Up is perfect.

Step-Up is a great program. Is it perfect? No. But, its great insurance so you don't just miss out, like I would have.
 
Back
Top