• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by G-Nome

  1. G

    Every Valve game + Left 4 Dead on Steam - $99.99

    Yes. One of the things I really like about Steam. This is sooo tempting. It's either this or a 22" LCD. :( Decisions....
  2. G

    ACER V223Wbd 22in $160 at ZZF FS

    Does anyone know the difference between this one and the X223Wbd? All of the specs look the same, it's just the design looks different.
  3. G

    Mixing similar memory

    Right now, I have this set from OCZ running fine at 2V. I'm looking at getting the combo deal with this OCZ memory and the Asus PQ5, but I don't want to do anything unless I'm sure the memory will be compatible with each other. The timings and voltages are the same. Thanks for any input!
  4. G

    9600GT vs 8800GS vs 8600GT

    Sorry to bring this up again, but what does everybody think of this? That seems like a pretty good deal, especially with a $50 MIR.
  5. G

    9600GT vs 8800GS vs 8600GT

    Oh wow, that's a pretty good deal! Although I might get it from Newegg, since they have it for $10 more with a free copy of CoD4. :)
  6. G

    9600GT vs 8800GS vs 8600GT

    Thanks for the replies everyone! Right now I'll probably just pick up the 24 incher, and later on when funds allow I'll find a 4850 on eBay. Although I'm eying one right now for $112 after MSC.... Hmm..second thoughts?
  7. G

    9600GT vs 8800GS vs 8600GT

    I currently have a XFX 8600GT. It hasn't been a bad card, and the biggest reason I'm considering an upgrade is just because the fan is crazy loud, but I figured I might as well get a little performance boost while I'm at it. Both the cards I'm looking at are off of eBay. The 9600GT is new and...
  8. G

    8600GT fan is extremely loud

    For some reason, my XFX 8600GT's fan seems to spin up at 100% all the time, regardless of whether I'm actually in a game or not. I've tried using RivaTuner and nTune to make it variable, but neither one seems to do any good. Are there any other ways to reduce the speed? Thanks!
  9. G

    Wireless card is borked?

    Well, I went through and tried all the different IRQ settings in the BIOS, and I switched the PCI slot that it was in, but it still doesn't work. When I uninstall the driver through the device manager and restart into Windows, it'll automatically recognize it and install it. However, whenever...
  10. G

    Wireless card is borked?

    Yeah, that's what I did. It seems like there's something that's not working at boot, since the card works fine under Windows as long as it doesn't start with Windows. :-/
  11. G

    Wireless card is borked?

    Update: It appears to work when I boot into safe mode and disable the card, and then re-enable it once I've booted into Windows. However, it would be nice if I didn't have to do this every time. :(
  12. G

    Wireless card is borked?

    Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L mATX 2GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2 XFX 8600GT E2180 WD 500GB GP Samsung SATA DVD drive The wireless card is an AT&T Plug&Share 6500G, like in the link. I'm using the drivers from the included CD.
  13. G

    Wireless card is borked?

    I recently put together a new PC and took the wireless card from my mom's computer, since her's is hooked up via ethernet. However, for some reason it freezes my computer (usually during the Windows scrollbar at boot). It boots fine with the drivers installed but no card, and vice versa, but...
  14. G

    Zune vs IPOD vs Fuze

    Hmm..the Zune seems to be pretty popular here. :D However, I'm going to have to put my vote behind the Fuze. I've had one since it came out and have been perfectly happy with it. 8GB+expansion (with seamless integration), FM tuner, great sound/screen quality, all for $129, is a pretty good...
Back
Top