• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless card is borked?

G-Nome

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
213
I recently put together a new PC and took the wireless card from my mom's computer, since her's is hooked up via ethernet. However, for some reason it freezes my computer (usually during the Windows scrollbar at boot). It boots fine with the drivers installed but no card, and vice versa, but it freezes whenever I have the drivers and card installed together. So any advice from the crowd? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
 
details, come on mannnnn

What's in your comp? What kind of card? Drivers...etc.
 
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L mATX
2GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2
XFX 8600GT
E2180
WD 500GB GP
Samsung SATA DVD drive

The wireless card is an AT&T Plug&Share 6500G, like in the link. I'm using the drivers from the included CD.
 
Update: It appears to work when I boot into safe mode and disable the card, and then re-enable it once I've booted into Windows. However, it would be nice if I didn't have to do this every time. :(
 
did you install the drivers then turn off the comp and insert the card then turn back on? Some of these devices cant be installed before the drivers are.
 
Yeah, that's what I did. It seems like there's something that's not working at boot, since the card works fine under Windows as long as it doesn't start with Windows. :-/
 
Well, I went through and tried all the different IRQ settings in the BIOS, and I switched the PCI slot that it was in, but it still doesn't work. When I uninstall the driver through the device manager and restart into Windows, it'll automatically recognize it and install it. However, whenever I restart it freezes again. *Sigh* Might just be picking up a new adapter.
 
you might have to, just to make your life easier. The driver i saw for this was from 2004, that might be the major issue here.
 
Back
Top