Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
One of my clients has a variety of smaller sites that have a need to reboot a locked router from time to time. Is there any type of device I can place out there to be able to reboot say a Cisco 2800 series when internet is up but the router is locked?
How do those MoCa adapters work? I have coax distro to every room in my house but no cat5/6. I'd love to be able to drop some of these around and get some of my devices off of wireless
Wow, I appreciate all the info from everyone here and will keeping reading over this.
Regarding the zero client use case. I've read a reference architectures from VMWare that seem to put us in there, here is an outline of what we have now:
Type of desktop would be:
-80% of users would be...
You're talking to the helpdesk support (along with the one part time staffer), phone tech, jr network/server/storage admin, application specialist, and chief broscientist.
We do have a vSphere deployment on 3 Dell hosts on Equallogic PS4000 for storage running ~25 Server VMs. We could probably make some storage space to play with but do not have processing or memory overhead currently.
We'd be looking at minimum 1 full Cisco UCS blade chassis and a NetApp FS3220...
Those are some good basics there, I try to make sure I stick to that, but its always good to see.
I actually an employee of the company, this is not a consulting-client relationship. A lot of my concern comes from not only the rollout, but the upkeep. Is it even possible that two people can...
Ive been tasked with planning and overseeing a VDI project for our organization. The scope of this includes replacing 90% of existing computers (~400) with zero clients and adding all server/san infrastructure (no existing infrastructure for VDI, only for server virtualization at this time) . We...
I can't comment much on HP Procurve performance other than I am yet to be disappointed. I can speak to their warranty. I'm impressed almost every time I have to deal with it. All their software updates are free to download, and dont require any registration.
My current job has about 5-6 old...
I should've expressed this better but we will be removing the existing server and am looking for options in replacement. Id rather not have to buy a brand new server just to run server core, if I don't have to
We have a remote site with ~5 users, 4 IP phones and a network printer. Right now we have an old Win2003 box serving as the DC for that site. It is connected back to us via 10MB layer 3 routing on a HP 5500G-EL switch. This windows server is getting quite old and I'd like to avoid the expense of...