Recent content by Fez4Prez

  1. F

    Can you help my rig?

    Hmmm, multi player stuff runs fine, I wonder if my optical drive is crapping out. Is there a good way to test those?
  2. F

    Can you help my rig?

    I upgraded my PSU to a PC Power & Cooling 750w w/ 60a on the single 12v rail. I also added another 2Gig for total of 4 now of memory. I STILL get halts and crappy performance on games like COD4 single player. I just don't know what else the issue could be. Any ideas????
  3. F

    New Build

    I have that exact mobo ECS GF8200a and a phenom x3 8600 If I had it to do over again, I would go w/ a different board. It does have some nice features, but I am having some kinks having to work out yet, not sure what the source is. Spend a few more bucks and get a little better board with...
  4. F

    Probably a dumb idea, but...

    That's where I saw it kinda in the corner of my eye telling myself hey, is that a case on woot? One thought lead to the other... ha
  5. F

    Probably a dumb idea, but...

    has anyone ever used one of these as a case? Seems like proper air flow is going to be a problem, but like the idea of a pc in a mini-fridg :p Do you know of anyone who's tried this? Results?
  6. F

    how do i know if my PSU is holding me back?

    Does anyone know of a good online system power calc that provided both watt and amperage needed?
  7. F

    Can you help my rig?

    Thanks for the good tips! I am going to upgrade psu to one w/ better 12v amp output and dedicated 6pin pce plug to see if that helps. I am beginning to wonder about the mobo. Re earlier question, it occassionally hangs in cod2 also (DX9) (esp single player!). And yes Vista is all up to date.Also...
  8. F

    Can you help my rig?

    Just read this on another thread: "When you are getting crappy performance and reducing the visual settings help, you need a new GPU. When reducing the visual settings doesn't help you either need a new cpu or the game is very poorly optimized" Could it be my X3 8600 is the problem? It is...
  9. F

    The Egg has the gts250!!

    What model ATI are they dropping to a C-note? 4850? Thanks,
  10. F

    Does HardForum support iSpy?

    So I can see posts in RT as they happen? If so what is the URL, I would have guessed http://www.hardforum.com/forums/vaispy.php but that does not seem to work :( Thanks
  11. F

    Can you help my rig?

    Acer x223 22" LCD at its native 1680x1050 (also setting in the game), I have tried lower rez but not good results. Should the 9800 GTX+ handle that without raising a sweat? I heard somewhere to try native rez if u were having probs. Thanks
  12. F

    Can you help my rig?

    I built this rig on a budget hoping to get a systm w/ decent speed and would run newer DX9/DX10 games at decent fr's but it will barely run cod4 with aa turned off and almost all the eye candy turned off. It gets good frs for a few seconds and the halts for a few then cycles again. Ran 3Dmark06...
Back
Top