Probably a dumb idea, but...

Fez4Prez

n00b
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
12
has anyone ever used one of these as a case? Seems like proper air flow is going to be a problem, but like the idea of a pc in a mini-fridg :p Do you know of anyone who's tried this? Results?
 
has anyone ever used one of these as a case? Seems like proper air flow is going to be a problem, but like the idea of a pc in a mini-fridg :p Do you know of anyone who's tried this? Results?

That's not a mini-fridge per se. It's cooled using TECs, similar to this.

It doesn't have the power necessary to keep your PC cooled by itself alone. It's designed mostly to keep something that's already been cooled at cold temperatures.

I don't recommend the use of any old compressors from refrigerators either. Unlike that wine cooler, they'll probably work, but they're designed to keep cold things cold too, so are very likely to fail quickly.
 
That's not a mini-fridge per se. It's cooled using TECs, similar to this.

It doesn't have the power necessary to keep your PC cooled by itself alone. It's designed mostly to keep something that's already been cooled at cold temperatures.

I don't recommend the use of any old compressors from refrigerators either. Unlike that wine cooler, they'll probably work, but they're designed to keep cold things cold too, so are very likely to fail quickly.

yeah refrigerators work really hard the first 24 to 48 hours to cool shit off then only turn on when the temperature rises and needs to be lowered again. I bet power outtages really lower thier life span if they occur on a regular basis.
 
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one that glanced at it and thought it was a pc case....
 
Back
Top