• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by etfblade

  1. E

    New Monitor??

    Hey guys, It's about time I upgrade my monitor. I currently have an old Dell 21" CRT that's about 7 years old. The guns are starting to fail in it, and I really should upgrade. I am interested in getting an LCD, but I haven't been keeping up with technology at all. Can you guys recommend a...
  2. E

    Using Laptop for keyboard??

    Hey guys, I have a computer desk that I share between my linux box, and my laptop. Unfortunately there's not enough room to fit a keyboard and mouse on there to use the linux box. Is there a way that I can use the laptop's keyboard for the linux machine? Thanks!
  3. E

    Difficulty accessing computer over network.

    The problem with getting a switch is that the connection to the cable modem is one a different floor than these computers are on. It seems the only option I have here is to buy a wireless card for the server, which I'd rather avoid doing for now, or share the internet from a computer that...
  4. E

    Difficulty accessing computer over network.

    OK, I bridged my NIC card and my wireless card on my main computer. However the server does not have internet access anymore without the internet sharing enabled. I am using a crossover cable to connect the two pcs. Should I be using a straight ethernet cable? Thanks for the help so far...
  5. E

    Difficulty accessing computer over network.

    Hey all, I recently shared an internet connection from my main computer, (which is connected through wireless to the internet ), using the main computer's NIC and a crossover cable to my server. Now my server can access the internet perfectly fine, and I can access the server from my main...
  6. E

    Sharing internet??

    The problem with that is, the router is located on a different floor of the house, and this network is shared between four other people.
  7. E

    Sharing internet??

    Hey all, I'm having great difficulties sharing my internet connection between computers. Here's my current setup: I have a wireless network in our house. My main computer is using a usb-card to connect to the network. My other computer does not have a wireless card installed. I have an...
Back
Top