• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by encorp

  1. E

    Quick Oc'ing question!

    As far as diminishing returns; is that on the PSU side or the CPU/MOBO side? Will my performance basically decay over time? How long can I expect to sustain this? Haha thanks again for the replies!
  2. E

    Quick Oc'ing question!

    Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I was aware I was under clocking my ram; thats what I had to do to keep the 1:1 at 3.0ghz. I'll work with my 5:4 and run a bunch of tests. It's been verystable for more than two days with Prime and OCCT. Thanks again!
  3. E

    Quick Oc'ing question!

    bump!
  4. E

    Quick Oc'ing question!

    Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for any replies. I have been running tests on a few oc's on my system and have come up with a few questions: My system is: Q6600 GO EVGA 750i Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000 EVGA GTX 280 A) Should I stay 1:1, at 3.0ghz (for example) with 9x333 and my...
  5. E

    OC'ng questions

    Yeah, I fully understand there for sure. Thanks. As for the memory, I had to obviously set all the timings and speed manually in the bios myself. I didn't know the fact about the video; thanks for letting me know - it makes total sense. :)
  6. E

    OC'ng questions

    I've been just playing around with overclocking tools just to see how they work, not overclocking anything but just looking at it and not saving it while I await the arrival of my TRUE. I did notice a few discrepancies that had me wondering about a few things. 1. My memory; I realized that...
  7. E

    Which would you choose?

    Trying to decide on memory.. I've got a Q6600 on an EVGA 750i FTW I'm going with 8gigs total.. why not? DDR2 is CHEAP haha Mushkin HP PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 5-4-4-12 - $90.00 each or Corsair XMS2 DHX TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX 4GB DDR2 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL 5-5-5-18 - 129.99 each...
  8. E

    PSU Assistance please.

    I'll read that FAQ for sure. Tanks a bunch :)
  9. E

    PSU Assistance please.

    Researching a bit more, would this actually be good for that system above + sli (I just want room for some growth if need be and to allow for any decay) Corsair HX520 CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX Triple 12V I gather this has three rails and thus it can utilize a lower wattage?
  10. E

    PSU Assistance please.

    Thanks, I wouldn't mind the option to go SLI.. if it meant spending a bit more cash maybe I should go with something else for the hell of it. Which Corsair (or other) PSU would you suggest going with in that case?
  11. E

    PSU Assistance please.

    Hello, I've been reading the forums here for ages, done my own calculations etc and am still a little bit unsure about which PSU I should get for my new system. I'd like to pick up a Corsair PSU, I've even used their calculator online and it suggested the Corsair HX520 520HX but I just...
Back
Top