Recent content by dr13zehn

  1. D

    Thermal pads?

    OK, Thanks for the input. I do agree about "the thinner the better". However, I was asking, since I didn't know how far the contact surface on a stock sink is from the ram chips. Does it touch even without a pad on it? If that's the case I won't have to worry about the pad being thick enough...
  2. D

    Cannot make up my mind at all

    I was thinking of upgrading my 8800GTS cards to 9800GTX with either a step-up or selling the 8800s and buying a new card. Now the new cards are out, and I could just buy a 280 when I sell my 8800s, though I don't really want to spend all that right now. Is the move from 2 8800GTS G92s to 2...
  3. D

    Thermal pads?

    What kind of thermal pads can I use to replace the ones on a Nvidia (8800/9800) stock cooler? All I seem to be able to find is thermal tape and it seems to be much too thin. Plus I'd rather not use a tape with a strong (or any) adhesive on it. Thanks, 13
  4. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    Good morning bump.
  5. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    Bump it up...
  6. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    Bump for meee. :D
  7. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    The cards are still in my rig right now, but here's a pick in all their glory. :D I will send the S/Ns to you in a PM. Sorry to hear that. :( I already sent you a PM back before I read this post, so disregard it as well, heh. :)
  8. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    Thanks for the free bump BigRigDriver. :D Another from me.
  9. D

    FS: 2x EVGA 8800GTS G92 with DuOrb coolers

    I have 2 EVGA 8800GTS G92s for sale that have DuOrb coolers installed. They are in perfect shape and have been in my PC for 3 months. They always ran at stock speeds, except for benchmarking where I ran them at 2010Mhz memory and 810Mhz core. They were never overheated and run everything...
  10. D

    Headphone guide sticky?

    I've been gone from the board for a little while, but I could swear that there was a sticky with a headphone buyers guide in this forum. Where did it go? Or am I just dreaming?
  11. D

    EVGA 8800 GT $160

    It's at CompUSA and I think you can get an additional $20 if you check out with Paypal. Though the total price of your purchase might have to be a bit higher to get that rebate.
  12. D

    Lycosa Vs. Tarantula

    I would go with the Tarantula. I've heard of people complaining about ghosting problems with the Lycosa. You may never experience those issues, but I wouldn't chance it. The Tarantula works and has had some driver updates as well. I do think the Lycosa is much better looking though and some...
  13. D

    TT Duorb temps good?

    So I just installed my Duorbs on my EVGA 8800GTS G92s and when I run ATItool the main card tops out at 53C Core and 41 Chipset at 21C room temperature. The cards were not OCd, so it's 670 MHz GPU and 1940 MHz RAM. I want to know how those numbers compare to what some of you guys found with...
Back
Top