• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cannot make up my mind at all

dr13zehn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
129
I was thinking of upgrading my 8800GTS cards to 9800GTX with either a step-up or selling the 8800s and buying a new card.
Now the new cards are out, and I could just buy a 280 when I sell my 8800s, though I don't really want to spend all that right now.

Is the move from 2 8800GTS G92s to 2 9800GTXs even worth it, if it's going to cost around $160 to do it? I'm getting the feeling that it may be a bad investment. I am starting to think I should just hold out, keep the 8800s and upgrade the whole system by the end of the year or beginning of next year.
2 8800s are very fast, still... I can play everything maxed with great FPS (except crysis of course) so it seems wasteful to upgrade right now too.


I'd really appreciate some input and opinions on this as I really cannot make up my mind right now.


Thanks,

13
 
I believe you should sell them or trade them for a 9800GX2. The 9800GX2 is better than two 8800gts's but it will not plummet in value since it just went down to its price it will stay at for a while. 8800GTS's are about to plummet in value because of the new cards that just hit the market and those that will hit the market in a week or two. 9800GX2 is $450 at some outlets.

GTX 280 is already out so the clock is ticking. :(
 
Back
Top