• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by diogo

  1. D

    Acer aspire v3 build quality

    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've seen the Y50s. But for what I do, a nice ssd is a higher priority than a nice graphics card. So the Y50 with a 256gb and an 860m is about 100 dollars more than an acer with a 256gb ssd and an 850m (1279 vs 1149 at newegg to be precise). I don't game enough for...
  2. D

    Acer aspire v3 build quality

    I am considering two options for my next laptop. I am torn between a sager 6658 and an Acer Aspire V3-772G-7616. I am almost set on the Acer, but I was wondering if anyone here with recent experiences with it (especially the Aspire v3) can tell me about their build quality. My last experience...
  3. D

    Merging select pages from hundreds of word files

    thanks, I will check it out.
  4. D

    Merging select pages from hundreds of word files

    Hello, all I have a problem that I thought someone here might be able to help. I have about 3000 MS word documents, and I want to merge just the first page of each into a single word document. I've run across many ways of merging that many files together, but I've yet to find a way to merge...
  5. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    Looking at my test history on pingtest.net, I almost certain that it is caused by congestion. Up to about 10% packet loss between 6 and 10 pm, and generally between 0 and 3% between 12am and 3am. Now for the uphill battle in getting comcast to recognize this. Thanks, everyone.
  6. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    Thanks. I understand the effects of packet loss, but was just unsure if congestion would manifest itself that way. And I could go on a pages long rant about dealing with lower level techs regarding this issue. The best examples I can think of are of the one who pinged my modem with 1 packet...
  7. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    Would simple congestion explain these issues? More precisely, if the problem was congestion would I see something like this (good pings and speeds, but intermittent lag spikes/packet loss?)
  8. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    Using pingplotter, the bulk of the packet loss happens between my house and comcast's server (the 1st hop outside my lan). Though it could indeed be congestion, since just now is one of the first times i've been able to test in the morning and the problem seems quite a bit better (but still far...
  9. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried 2 different cable modems on my end (one of them brand new), but I've requested that the next comcast tech that is scheduled to come here bring one of their own, so that I can try a 3rd one out in the improbable but possible case I have 2 bad modems.
  10. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    I have tried different computers connected directly to the 2 different modems I've used, and the issue is always the same. The packet loss happens in spikes every few seconds. That is, ping will be steady and low for 10-30 seconds, and then I will see a spike. As an example, here's what happens...
  11. D

    high packet loss despite good signals

    I've been having issues with my internet connection. Severe lag spikes and packet loss that happen every few seconds. It is the type of stuff that is unnoticeable if just browsing the web, but very noticeable when playing games and streaming videos. Here's a few representative pingtests...
  12. D

    Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

    I think this puts what I trying to say more succinctly than I did. I think that in terms of leveling and end game mechanics swtor is ahead of wow. And I say this as someone who fully admits that he will probably play wow longer. And the reason is a lot of what you said. Swtor misses some of...
  13. D

    Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

    Wow may have more "skin" variety in end game. Different bosses, etc. But they are all, for the vast majority of cases, tank and spank until you get into some of the really heroic raids. In normal mode, all the different mechanics are made obsolete by the fact that people just so vastly outgear...
  14. D

    Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

    Yeah, if you haven't done them you can't really speak to variety. Because I have done both in the past month. There is no way that WoW has more variety at end game. Normal mode in wow is just aoe/tank and spank/mow things down, and things become slightly more complicated at heroic. SWTOR even...
  15. D

    Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

    People always come back to WoW because they have a lot invested in it. Not because of gameplay itself. Graphics-wise and raid-encounter wise, SWTOR is a much better game. I had more fun and it was more challenging doing Denova on normal than any of WoW's heroics. I also had a lot more fun...
Back
Top