Recent content by desolatordan

  1. D

    Does Clarkdale support TV-out VGA?

    My TV only has S-video and composite. I haven't seen any DVI to S-Video/Composite adapters that don't require a hardware converter.
  2. D

    Does Clarkdale support TV-out VGA?

    That is, can it output composite or S-Video on the VGA pins like some video cards support? http://www.amazon.com/VGA-to-S-Video-RCA-Adaptor/dp/B000P3UB24 I need to hook a board with Clarkdale integrated graphics VGA/DVI/HDMI ports to an older TV with only S-video and composite inputs. I...
  3. D

    my new i7 930 worse than my C0 920?

    "Sir, I'd like to return this because it won't run beyond specifications!" Heh, do you guys really pull that kinda stuff?
  4. D

    Good multimeter for my money?

    Buying a nice used Fluke 87 (around $150) would be good if you're more into electronics. But the 115 should serve you nicely. My EX430 is meh. The rotary switch is glitchy sometimes, and just don't like the feel of it. The plastic and rubber holster just kinda feel cheap, but that may just...
  5. D

    how to find watt usage

    If anything, it should be MORE accurate APFC. Do you have a source that discloses the test setup? This is the only legit test I've been able to find, and it shows the Kill-A-Watt has very good accuracy (for $20). http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2695 EDIT: Just noticed...
  6. D

    how to find watt usage

    If anything, it should be MORE accurate APFC. Do you have a source that discloses the test setup? This is the only legit test I've been able to find, and it shows the Kill-A-Watt has very good accuracy (for $20). http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2695
  7. D

    Recommendations for $800 build

    Was thinking about a Lynnfield 2.66GHz quad core cpu. Prefer to have a smaller OS drive, and seperate drives for storage. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Web browsing, moving ripping/watching, mild gaming. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping...
  8. D

    Warning NewEgg ordering of Sapphire Video cards

    Doesn't mean the vendor is Sapphire, it's probably a distributor in the middle.
  9. D

    Fractal Design Define R2

    I love this case. If I could find it for <$150 after shipping I'd bite. Seems to be around $120 over in europe, but shipping it here is really expensive...
  10. D

    Chasis grounds?

    Rip all the choke coils and bypass capacitors off your motherboard. :p Or better your power supply. EMI only causes noise, which all components already expect to handle. Often using ferrite beads and decoupling.
  11. D

    Changing LED's for beginner

    They're either 3mm or 5mm in size. Looks like 5mm in the blurry photo. Nearly all 5mm LEDS want a forward current of 30 to 50mA, so you should be set there. Some different colors have a different forward voltage drop, which shouldn't be a problem if they're being driven properly with a current...
  12. D

    8800GT halting, temps are fine?

    Alright, so I replaced the new mobo with my old, reinstalled the OS, with same video drivers, installed all teh same software, so same setup, and there is no problem whatsoever. Time to return the mobo! No idea why high graphics card stress would cause a crash on it though, and not my other...
  13. D

    8800GT halting, temps are fine?

    Also, it seems the PCIE secure latch thing on this board is upside down, making it very hard to remove cards, considering the latch ends up behind the card, even on a single-slot. Other boards with this type of release have it facing the other way so it can be pulled from the heatsink-less side...
  14. D

    8800GT halting, temps are fine?

    Yep, fresh OS install. All drivers up to date. CPU and RAM are stable. I put back the stock heatsink on the 8800GT, and it still only lasted about 4-5 minutes in nVidia's GeoForm demo. Usually crashes ~65-67C. The screen just freezes, everything still running. I have to hold down the power...
Back
Top