• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Derokorian

  1. D

    Building a friend a PC for SC2

    I'd say double the RAM, assuming you're going to install a 64bit version of windows, and especially if its win7. Mobo looks good, tho my friend says its not the best on-board sound, something to think about if that matters to your friend. Otherwise should be good, might not be able to play on...
  2. D

    Older system not POSTing

    No sir / ma'am. I took out both CPUs just to make sure the speaker would beep and it does, which makes me think it is POSTing and not using the video card for output, altho there is no on-board video option to use instead.
  3. D

    Older system not POSTing

    Currently the only things connected are the CPUs, CPU fans, 1 Dimm (tho i thought i had to have 1 dim per cpu so I've been keeping 2 in except for this test), PSU and GPU no HDDs, PCI cards, Optical drives, none of it >.< Btw sorry I guess I should have mentioned that only the bare minimum was...
  4. D

    Older system not POSTing

    Yeah I've cleared cmos, tried the PSU in my current computer with it as well (just in case it wasn't getting enough power, tho it should since its just the necessities). The thing that gets me is the lack of beeping, clearly something is wrong that is making it not POST but with no error code to...
  5. D

    Older system not POSTing

    I have my old MP setup still and I've finally decided to try to get it working again, so I stripped it down set up it out of the case on static free bag. My system is not POSTing and the speaker isn't beeping. I have verified the GPU still works by placing it in my main system. I put the memory...
  6. D

    HD comparison

    Ok So I'm working on building my new system, I currently have the following which are for the final setup: Asus p7p55d-e intel i5 655k 3.20GHz (OC'd to 3.34) 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 2200 Geil I then am currently using but replacing: 450W thermaltake PSU GeForce 9500 GT 1GB old 400gb sata...
  7. D

    New components not POSTing

    So new PSU didn't help. I've done alot of searching now and it seems that the board may not natively support my processor, it does support it after a BIOS update unfortunately i do not have any other 1156 chip to throw in there to update the BIOS with. Any thoughts?
  8. D

    New components not POSTing

    Yes I've tried assembly on top of the mobo's box, and there is no on-board speaker and the one in my case is broken heh, still trying to figure out away around that.
  9. D

    New components not POSTing

    ASUS P7P55D-E LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i5-655K Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor Model BX80616I5655K 2x GeIL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model...
Back
Top