• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New components not POSTing

Derokorian

n00b
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
9
ASUS P7P55D-E LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-655K Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor Model BX80616I5655K
2x GeIL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model GV34GB1333C7DC
Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3160318AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
And an old TDK dvd-RW, 550W PSU, and a Thermaltake case

When I attempt to turn my system on its not posting. My motherboard has on board LEDs and the VGA led is staying lit and I'm not sure why. I've tried only one DIMM, each one of my DIMMs by itself. I've tried another video card (a GeForce 7600 GS). I've tried both video cards in a computer at worked, and both worked just fine. I've replaced the motherboard with the same model purchased at a local store.Tomorrow I'll be trying a different PSU, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks

BTW the GPU fan is spinning up, and I've tried with only 1 DIMM, CPU, CPU fan, Graphics card and PSU to the same result, Its not POSTing with the VGA led staying lit.
 
yah, let us know how the new psu goes. have you done all that outside of the case? also, try re-seating the cpu. do you get any POST error beeps without any ram nor vidcard? (make sure you have a speaker onboard or attached) btw, these should all be in the troubleshooting sticky. ;)
 
Yes I've tried assembly on top of the mobo's box, and there is no on-board speaker and the one in my case is broken heh, still trying to figure out away around that.
 
So new PSU didn't help. I've done alot of searching now and it seems that the board may not natively support my processor, it does support it after a BIOS update unfortunately i do not have any other 1156 chip to throw in there to update the BIOS with. Any thoughts?
 
Back
Top