Derokorian
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2010
- Messages
- 9
Ok So I'm working on building my new system, I currently have the following which are for the final setup:
Asus p7p55d-e
intel i5 655k 3.20GHz (OC'd to 3.34)
8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 2200 Geil
I then am currently using but replacing:
450W thermaltake PSU
GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
old 400gb sata 1.5gb/s Western Digital
TDK DVD-r/rw
I plan on upgrading the Video Card to GeForce GTX 480.
Getting a Blu-Ray burner (or atleast player) and getting a better PSU (right now im thinking a 750W Corsair but open to input)
What I'm wondering is if I should get:
4xWestern Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for ~750$ set up in RAID5
or if i should go for:
3xCorsair Nova Series CSSD-V64GB2-BRKT 2.5" 64GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) in RAID5 + Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for ~700$
Depending on the final choice, what kind of power consumption am I looking at? is the 750W PSU going to be enough to support the drives, vga, etc or do I need to look at something even bigger?
In accordance with rules I will be using the PC for high end gaming, video editing, graphics programs, etc. Any comments would be helpful, and if you have a storage suggestion beyond what I've listed please let me know, I would greatly appreciate any and all help.
Asus p7p55d-e
intel i5 655k 3.20GHz (OC'd to 3.34)
8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 2200 Geil
I then am currently using but replacing:
450W thermaltake PSU
GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
old 400gb sata 1.5gb/s Western Digital
TDK DVD-r/rw
I plan on upgrading the Video Card to GeForce GTX 480.
Getting a Blu-Ray burner (or atleast player) and getting a better PSU (right now im thinking a 750W Corsair but open to input)
What I'm wondering is if I should get:
4xWestern Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for ~750$ set up in RAID5
or if i should go for:
3xCorsair Nova Series CSSD-V64GB2-BRKT 2.5" 64GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) in RAID5 + Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for ~700$
Depending on the final choice, what kind of power consumption am I looking at? is the 750W PSU going to be enough to support the drives, vga, etc or do I need to look at something even bigger?
In accordance with rules I will be using the PC for high end gaming, video editing, graphics programs, etc. Any comments would be helpful, and if you have a storage suggestion beyond what I've listed please let me know, I would greatly appreciate any and all help.