• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Curlyriff

  1. C

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    Internal slimline drives aren't too bad. A slot load Blu-ray is about £50 and standard DVD is £23. So about the same as a standard internal. External DVD are around £22 and external Blu-ray from what I can find easily are around the £60 mark. So really there is zero price difference between...
  2. C

    fx-9590 benchmarks surface

    That is all well and good to suggest that Bulldozer architecture will gain due to multi core coding but looking at real world applications already (albeit CAD & Video editing) and you can see what Intel is capable of when multi cores are utilised. AMD still have a way to go. We are also...
  3. C

    fx-9590 benchmarks surface

    That's fine and I get that but people stated that it isn't listed or supported when they clearly state that it is. Then people stated about the quality of the review but the 3960x at least in the UK is same price so they compared the equivalent priced chips. I only linked the bit-tec one for...
  4. C

    fx-9590 benchmarks surface

    Not sure what review you guys have been reading but it states and this Also there was nothing really questionable. Everything was explained easy enough and shows this CPU really isn't offering anything you can't get from a i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4GHz at a 1/3rd of the cost. If you google...
  5. C

    Silverstone Modular 450W SFX (ST45SF-G) - Now has a product page - NextQ = When?

    Cheers for reply. Was just trying to understand perspective of what you was saying. All of what you said makes sense but just want to highlight the above. It may be close to SFX standard but we need to be aware of how cases are designed to meet these standards and when SFF and mm matter this...
  6. C

    Silverstone Modular 450W SFX (ST45SF-G) - Now has a product page - NextQ = When?

    He is clearly talking about a standard sized SFX psu as dictated by the current standards not a different form factor such as E-SFX. If you want an E-SFX at the moment go with High Power. Personally I would like to see a modular E-SFX that is 125x125x63.5mm with a 92mm fan but that isn't...
  7. C

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    "United Kingfom" I assume should be United Kingdom :p
  8. C

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    I am against anything else on front. It looks spot on with just ncase. I have 5 others who I know feel the same as we all want one. One thing is that I am maybe needing to order 5/6. Is this possible? No profit involved, just mates who always wants to have one.
  9. C

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    I was going to remove M1 and keep NCASE anyways so my vote is for;
  10. C

    NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

    I am more interested on how you would put a value on something that is a limited addition. Not like if it gets damaged on the way to the UK you can just order another one? Also I am in UK so interested in knowing but you would only get your money back rather than another case I assume?
  11. C

    Haswell Z87 SFF motherboard list

    It's more that the board itself didn't have issues to hit the clocking potential. It appears to be just as capable as its larger brothers to get the most out of your components. You have to bare in mind the the maximus VI extreme also only reached around 4GHz in the same cooling conditions and...
  12. C

    Haswell Z87 SFF motherboard list

    Not sure if anyone has seen but this was impressive http://rog.asus.com/240122013/labels/extreme/maximus-vi-impact-achieves-4282mhz-ddr3/
  13. C

    The Dream Build is finally happening!

    The only reason to go modular on ITX is because you can make custom lengths and keep cabling looking really clean. The SFX over the mobo lends itself to this cause you could have a 4-5" long 24pin for instance and a nice single curve line. But those are the details than can make builds stand out.
Back
Top