A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
***Update***
I wanted to update this, in case anyone else had a similar experience. After I posted this thread, the problem went away to some extent. But yesterday, my computer was freezing on boot again, when suddenly the though occurred to me: optical drive is causing it to hang. I...
Well, I think that, the board being so old, my drivers/BIOS are as up to date as possible. The thing is, this problem just sort of popped up, and is seemingly getting worse over time.
Does anyone know if the SATA bus is something that can just kinda burn out on a board?
I was hoping someone here would have some insight into a problem I am suddenly having with my computer. First of all, the motherboard is an Asus P5Be. It has 6 SATA ports, which I'm using 4 for two separate RAID0 sets, 1 for a backup HD, and 1 for optical.
So, of late, I've been having odd...
Hmmm. Good point. I hadn't considered the weak link factor; I was more concerned with having all 4 banks clogged, but that's a good point. I think you're probably right about real world performance; mainly, I'd like to be able to play CS again, and have a modern computer. My Athlon 1400+ is...
Interesting; to tell you the truth, I hadn't really considered it much, except that it was my understanding that having dual channel would be fairly important. What sort of drop-off are we talking in single channel?
LOL, lucky you said that; I just noticed that a combo drive does not mean...
Thanks much. I think I'll go with the cheaper memory.
I also figure to go with the E, assuming no one gives me a good reason not to between now and tomorrow when I order. The saved money will go to upgrading from a 7900GS to a 7950GT, and buying a SATA combo drive. The 2 gigs of ram is out...
Okay,
I'm planning on doing a build in the next week or two here, and I'm having a hard time picking a lane. After some research, I decided to go with a C2D 6400, and had initially planned on pairing it with a P5B-E, and this this RAM. However, after reading up a bit on this and other forums...