• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by cowbell

  1. C

    Anyone disappointed with Xbox 360?

    some of you guys are funny. Why burn all that cash for an xbox with better graphics??? I only bought an xbox because I could mod it and run xbmc on it and stream movies and stuff from my home server to it (as well as play the few games worth playing on it ninja gaiden, halo 2, soul calibur 2...
  2. C

    Suse 9.3 64bit... raid 5 server

    are you talking about the live dvd iso? because I don't think i can install that It can only be read from the dvd drive. or are ytou reffering to a 9.2 version instead of the 9.3 Edit: are there any good flavors of linux that are 64bit. thanks.
  3. C

    Suse 9.3 64bit... raid 5 server

    hi guys i just finished building my new home file server it has 10x160gig hard drives and is an amd 64 athlon 2800+ I have suse 32bit and was the 64amd live iso as well and i was wondering if its possible to upgrade the 32bit os to the 64 bit easily. are there just a couple of files that can be...
  4. C

    Any downside to mixing different drive manufacturers?

    are you running software raid 5? if the specs match such as cache and buffer space and whatever then it should be fine.
  5. C

    PC3200 cheap AR - Tigerdirect

    ive had bad experiences with tigerdirect and thier rebates. They usually have you mailing something off to canada so I just forget it.
  6. C

    Difference in Ide cables.

    oh ok I was just wondering. because I have some spare 40 wire cables and didn't know if I could still use them. I think ill just find another 80 wire one so i get faster speeds.
  7. C

    Difference in Ide cables.

    If I have a 40 wire ide cable will my data transfer speeds suffer if I use just one drive per channel? I didn't realise till recently there was a difference between cables. thanks. what if i use the 40 wire cables for optical drives will there be a decrease in speed switching from the 80 wire...
  8. C

    Mounting Drives Sideways.

    wow, lots of good info iceczar. Thanks guys.
  9. C

    Mounting Drives Sideways.

    thanks guys. I was wondering because im frabricating a 3.5 drive holder for the 5.25 bays and i can cool them better if they are side ways :D kinda like this http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370698&affiliate=pricegrabber but im making it myself and saving money :)
  10. C

    Mounting Drives Sideways.

    Is it ok to mount hard drives sideways. Or even upside down. does this shorten the drives life span in anyway? thanks.
  11. C

    Gonna do it!!!!!!!!!! OMG

    NOOOO don't do it!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :p
  12. C

    software Raid 5 Expansion...?

    it does a bit thanks as long as it can be done
  13. C

    software Raid 5 Expansion...?

    Does anyone know for a fact if it possible to do linux software raid 5 expansion. That is expanding an array by adding another drive. I hear it can be done with a raidtool called raidreconfig does anyone have experience with this. I'll be installing suse 9.3 in a few days does yast support raid...
  14. C

    Worst Xbox Live experience yesterday....

    lol thats why I play on xbc with friends or respectable people.. You can boot idiots. Thats why they run to xbl cos you have to play them people don't take thier shit on xbc. no dumbasses or people cheating because they are scared thier rating is gonna go down. If you are good you're good, If...
  15. C

    What are the differences between the different types of RAID?

    lol using a hardware controller is using an extra part. Are you retarded? A hardware controller is just one more point for failure. And if it does fail then you have to buy that exact card thats if they still make it. And when I said "owned" I thought it was apparent I was just kidding but its...
Back
Top