• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Suse 9.3 64bit... raid 5 server

cowbell

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
68
hi guys i just finished building my new home file server it has 10x160gig hard drives and is an amd 64 athlon 2800+ I have suse 32bit and was the 64amd live iso as well and i was wondering if its possible to upgrade the 32bit os to the 64 bit easily. are there just a couple of files that can be switched. I want to use all the potential of my processor is running 32bit gonna be noticably slower or inefficient. I'm plan on running software raid 5 and if anyone can provide a working torrent link or fast direct download :) to the 64bit suse 9.3 os then taht would be great. Any way are there any other linux flavors that offer a 64bit os. thanks.
 
SuSE provides the 64-bit DVD ISO on their ftp site. I know there is an 8.5GB dual-layer DVD ISO torrent file out there that incorporates both 32-bit and 64-bit installs but those are usually at less-favorable torrent sites.

"Upgrading" a 32-bit install to a 64-bit install would be an arduous task (if not impossible). It would be fast/easier for you to download the 64-bit ISO and install it.
 
are you talking about the live dvd iso? because I don't think i can install that It can only be read from the dvd drive. or are ytou reffering to a 9.2 version instead of the 9.3

Edit: are there any good flavors of linux that are 64bit. thanks.
 
Back
Top