• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by cillic

  1. C

    audio/video card questions...

    hey all, 2 questions... I purchased Sony XBR5 (overkill, I know), and I want to use HDMI because Vista MCE doesn't support 1080p over component cables. I currently have a 7600GT in the machine, but I want to swap that out for a card that has an HDMI output on it without the converter. I...
  2. C

    Optical SPDIF w/Z-5500

    I am having the damnedest problem with my Media Pc. I have a set of Logitec Z-5500 speakers, and I am trying to run them off of my motherboard's on-board sound (Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe) using an optical SPDIF cable (rather than coax). When I run the Soundmax software setup wizard, I tell it that...
  3. C

    changing ram voltage in bios on M2N-SLI Deluxe

    I'm having difficulty finding the memory voltage setting in the BIOS setup on my ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe. My system crashes pretty frequenly and I'm sure the voltage setting on the memory is the problem. I am using G-SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK which the vendor calls for the voltage to be between...
  4. C

    Change Voltage on ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

    I'm having difficulty finding the memory voltage setting in the BIOS setup on my ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe. My system crashes pretty frequenly and I'm sure the voltage setting on the memory is the problem. I am using G-SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK which the vendor calls for the voltage to be between...
  5. C

    Friend building new PC (advice needed)

    I think the general guidelines hey layed out above are excellent. I would make a couple of points: Intel's new Conroe chipset is prompting a price drop in AMD processors also. If you wait until mid-late august, you should see some great prices. Personally, I don't think you can beat...
  6. C

    Media Center PC Questions

    I'm putting together a Media PC and I'm wondering how much of my budged I should bother putting into audio. Background: I'm getting rid of cable television so this will be my primary source for movies. I currently just have a 3.1 audio system going through a 5 year old Sony Amp/Receiver...
  7. C

    Media Center Audio Questions

    I'm putting together a Media PC and I'm wondering how much of my budged I should bother putting into audio. Background: I'm getting rid of cable television so this will be my primary source for movies. I currently just have a 3.1 audio system going through a 5 year old Sony Amp/Receiver...
  8. C

    3rd BFG 6800gt rma

    Because that's SOP. And again, this was a recently rebuilt machine which had only had the latest nVidia drivers on it. My buddy tested both cards with his utils and they are both overheating. On both cards when he booted to bios he saw garbage on the screen (through DVI) even before running...
  9. C

    3rd BFG 6800gt rma

    KK... Removed the BFG and placed in the PNY. Uninstalled the nVidia drivers, ran the driver cleaner, reinstalled nVidia drivers. Launched UT2004 and let it run all night - no crashes whatsoever. So... nix the driver issue (as stated previously, this was a recent rebuild and the machine...
  10. C

    3rd BFG 6800gt rma

    Sorry, missed your sig. I will be exchanging one of my BFGs for my buddy's PNY tomorrow and see if mine is ok/his fails. I'll keep you all posted.
  11. C

    3rd BFG 6800gt rma

    Ok, my account was finally generated. I am the one who is having this issue. Thanks to dennpett for letting me know about this forum and for posting for me. A few quick responses: This I am painfully aware of. There's a reason why EA doesn't have phone support... Bzzzz. Thanks for...
Back
Top