• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Chonk

  1. C

    My 'broken' HD has lasted for two years...why lol

    I know what you mean , I've been using 'broken' disks that I baught from my old work place for £3-£5 each as windows would not install on them properly. Even thou FreeBSD has been using them (without a single glitch) for 2 years now in a 24/7 fileserver hosting MP3's/Movies and large...
  2. C

    Upgrade Question (7900GTX -> 8800 )

    I've recently baught an eVga 7900GTX and am considering upgrading via step up to an 8800 series. To be honest im not a 'hard core' (no 18 hour sessions :rolleyes: ) gamer anymore but when I do play games I want all the eye candy turned up. Id be running a dual 19" widescreen(1440x900) setup...
  3. C

    E6600 + 680i: Can't get 400mhz FSB stable

    http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf
  4. C

    using all 4 ddr2 slots

    Most new decent boards support 8GB and you need to run a 64 bit version to recognise anything over 4GB due to software limitations ( im sure it may even be 3GB on windows).
  5. C

    Torture testing!!!

    Try running ITAT and doing a workload test, it killed my new OC systems before I found a stable OC. It seems to be the only program to make my CPU load and temp skyrocket (up to 80c on a E660, OC to 3.4 on stock HSF).
  6. C

    E6600 + 680i: Can't get 400mhz FSB stable

    I have the exact same setup and managed to get a fairly good overclock with 30 minutes playing (http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=143232). Im still waiting for my heatsink to arrive before I can really play with it as this stock one seems a bit weak. I am worried about my 54C idle...
  7. C

    Cell Shock memory, where to buy it?

    the standard 6400 ive got does 800MHZ 3-3-3-4 timings with a 2.3 volt. 1000MHZ 4-4-4-12 is alwasy easy to achieve (again at 2.3). I manged to get it to about 1150mhz 5-5-5-12 (2,5 V ) before it starts to go all flakey (which cauld potentially be another unrelated problem as im tweeking...
  8. C

    Cell Shock memory, where to buy it?

    I got it late this afternoon and i've only just put the new system together. Ill burn the system in and report back soon , from a quick peek thou it looks like i got your 'average' set on not one from the batch they 'upgraded' :(
  9. C

    Cell Shock memory, where to buy it?

    I ordered some a 2GB 6400 kit yesterday , should be here tommorrow . Hopefully I get one of the 'good' batch.
  10. C

    Cellshock ?

    It's an extra £50 of an already expanded budget of £1100 , which is now more like £1400 due to an eVga 8800GTS. The real question is will I actually notice the difference, if I will then another £50 is fine but if its marginal then I can't justify it ( or rather my GF wont understand the need...
  11. C

    Cellshock ?

    Currently building a system and really am confused about the ram. Its an Core duo 2 E6600 on the eVga 680i SLI board. I've come across a company cally 'Cellshock' and from what i've been reading the chips are outstanding. I was originally going to get some Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2...
  12. C

    New System Specs

    Thanks for the input guys. Randall Clarke: I have a fileserver already that can easily backup this drive and more , granted it will be a network backup but it should be fine for the time being. The motherboard does have 2 PCI slots which cauld be a problem like you said, but I doubt ill...
  13. C

    New System Specs

    Im building a new system and since i've not touched hardware since i worked in a hardware shop (some 2 years ago) im not up to date with everything. After a bit of reading and reasearch i've put this system together. eVga NF680i SLI Core Duo 2 E6600 Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400...
Back
Top