Recent content by BlackBox

  1. B

    New SATA RAID Setup - recommendations please

    Yes, I think I'll go down this road. I'm thinking, maybe even forgetting the raid for a while so I don't have that much rebuild-trouble when eventually moving on to a decent PCIx card (with MB). And for now just use a little script to copy modified files from the primary disk to the backup disk...
  2. B

    New SATA RAID Setup - recommendations please

    Damn.... you seem to cope with it very well, I would be banging my head against the wall all day... possibly literally.
  3. B

    New SATA RAID Setup - recommendations please

    I corrected my post, sorry for this idiotic mistake. I want raid 1, the mirroring. About, RAID 5... I thought you'd have to buy a more expensive card to get RAID 5 support? I also overlooked the obvious... I read this in an other topic on this forum: simply having to large disks and having a...
  4. B

    New SATA RAID Setup - recommendations please

    This morning I tried to enter my main hard disk.. I heard a terrible marble-rolling-in-a-little-box noise, the disk didn't respond and after waiting a bit, the disk was gone. (Meaning that the pc didn't recognize it anymore.) After boot up all was fine, but I wanted a better solution for my data...
  5. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    ... Give details :)
  6. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    Ok, maybe in the end I'll add 2 2620 routers to it for their 100MB Ethernet connection. So final products: 2 2503 to eventually connect to the ISDN simulator 2520 for frame relay 29xx switch (because atm the 3550 switch is too much to pay for) cables ISDN Simulator...
  7. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    If they could I'd like to know... That way I can stick with the 2500s... for now.
  8. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    When I said I'd want to build my own lab for the hands-on experience, that only justified the cost I was making to get that sweeeet hardware within my home. So, I know there are sims (even though hands-on experience cannot be compared to sim-experience) an I know there are classes. This lab will...
  9. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    I don't work on that stuff, in fact, I'm as good as new to Cisco. Hence the need for hands-on experience. Now, the 2600s are faster and support the inter VLAN routing. But do they don't have Serial ports or ISDN... So, that still leaves me at the following: 2 2503 to eventually connect to...
  10. B

    Building Cisco Home Lab for CCNA

    I'm starting my studies for the CCNA. Now after reading a few articles on 'how to prepare' and other equivalent topics, I've decided to start building a Cisco Home Lab. This lab will later be expanded with gear for hands-on experience for CCNP and eventually the CCIE. As I was reading up on...
  11. B

    il:hover doesn't work in IE, but!!!

    From experience and looking into some articles on the web, I found out that IE doesn't support the :hover class. Just great :( I'm making my own website, based on HTML and CSS. Now, I've read trough a tutorial covering and verry much solving this problem: Drop down menus - alistapart.com...
  12. B

    Banner effect for plain text within table??

    Did that... .. and found that out to. Since I'm not really familiar with java, I looked for some tutorials on the internet. The idea of making a slideshow came across my mind. Instead of using pictures, maybe I could use HTML files? It probably isn't right to asume you can just change that...
  13. B

    Banner effect for plain text within table??

    I'm working on a new website and I came across something I'd want to have, but I don't know how to make it. The title of the thread is probably not to clear so here's an example of what I'm trying to do. It's the box at the end of the page on the left of which the content keeps changing (like...
Back
Top