• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by biggduub

  1. B

    am i wrong??

    ohhhh.. ok.. i see what i was doing wrong.. yeah the remote that came with directv doesnt seem to work to well.. not that many bottons work for it. you say take another programmable remote. I did some research and it looks like the firefly, Streamzap and MCE remotes are pretty popular...
  2. B

    am i wrong??

    Ok.. I think I have completely misunderstood how the USB-UIRT works. What I was thinking was I could use “ANY” remote to control my Directv through the USB-UIRT. What I thought, and tell me if Im wrong was I can use the remote, (My remote) that came with my directv receiver (DRD430RG). I...
  3. B

    usb-uirt and directv

    at first i didnt.. i had the USB-UIRT on top of the computer ... but now i have both on the floor sitting about 2" from each other and facing eath other. edit:adding more info i checked the back of the receiver, the model number is DRD430RG. is there a way to find out what receiver the...
  4. B

    usb-uirt and directv

    ok... ive been doing alot of reading.. and slowly building my HTPC. I have the HTPC running and playing live tv, all that is working. I ordered a USB-UIRT and got it today. Installed the drivers for it, then in SageTV ran the setup to program the remote (hold 0, hold 1, etc...) that all...
  5. B

    First HTPC - Questions

    i have model number DRD450RG. Its pretty old, got it when i signed up about 4 years ago .. i went ahaid and ordered the USB-UIRT should be here some time next week, read how it was so easy to set up with SageTV so i figured that would be perfect. I didnt oreder a remote becuase i have a few...
  6. B

    First HTPC - Questions

    the only problem with getting the PVR500 is i only one directv reciever and i have a really small budget. Maybe one day down the line i will get a second reciever and will go for the PVR500 to use the USB-UIRT do i have to buy anything else for it to work with SageTV. what i mean is from...
  7. B

    First HTPC - Questions

    perfect thanks.. thats what i thought just wanted to double check :)
  8. B

    First HTPC - Questions

    ok, ive been doing alot of reading in this forum along with others.. i have wanted to put a HTPC together for a long time just havent done it. I have some extra parts that i want to use to make this system. Im just not sure if i quiet understand everything yet. Here is what i have AMD...
Back
Top