ok... ive been doing alot of reading.. and slowly building my HTPC. I have the HTPC running and playing live tv, all that is working.
I ordered a USB-UIRT and got it today. Installed the drivers for it, then in SageTV ran the setup to program the remote (hold 0, hold 1, etc...) that all worked great, did all the number without a problem using the remote that came with the directv. Its a RCA remote.
Now i dont know if there is something else i have to set up, enable, disable, im not sure, but nothing happens when i try to change the channel. When i put in a channel number nothing happens on the screen. I dont see numbers showing up as i put them in.. and the channel never changes.
I tried going to the Channel Setup and selecting all channel, and from the channel setup click the "View" option to view the channel. The USB-UIRT blinks twice but the channel dosent change.
From what i understood is the USB-UIRT will send a signal to the Directv Receiver and change the channel to whatever i select. If im wrong please tell me.
I ordered a USB-UIRT and got it today. Installed the drivers for it, then in SageTV ran the setup to program the remote (hold 0, hold 1, etc...) that all worked great, did all the number without a problem using the remote that came with the directv. Its a RCA remote.
Now i dont know if there is something else i have to set up, enable, disable, im not sure, but nothing happens when i try to change the channel. When i put in a channel number nothing happens on the screen. I dont see numbers showing up as i put them in.. and the channel never changes.
I tried going to the Channel Setup and selecting all channel, and from the channel setup click the "View" option to view the channel. The USB-UIRT blinks twice but the channel dosent change.
From what i understood is the USB-UIRT will send a signal to the Directv Receiver and change the channel to whatever i select. If im wrong please tell me.