• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by bhR

  1. B

    The game that made you jump...

    I think I'm the only person to play it, but I thought King Kong was scary. It only takes about 5 hours to play, so I thought it'd be worth playing even though it meant that I'd have StarForce on my comp for 5 hours. It's the only game I've played recently that I could say had great...
  2. B

    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey? Any Good?

    I thought it was worth my time and money. It's pretty short, but the story is good and the graphics and voice acting are great. I remember really wishing the locations were real places that I could visit. I don't get that feeling very often when playing games. It'd be best to play The...
  3. B

    Any more KotOR like games out there?

    Give Tomb Raider Legend a go. Nice mix of adventure and action, with a story that actually makes sense and easy to get into. It's not as epically long as those 40-60 hour monstroseties (I mean that in a good way), but it's a blast.
  4. B

    So how many games do ya?

    Knights of the Old Republic Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords Tomb Raider Legend Lego Star Wars Lego Star Wars II The Original Trilogy Narnia Zoo Tycoon II The Longest Journey Dreamfall The Longest Journey Fable The Lost Chapters Syberia Syberia II Broken Sword The...
  5. B

    vid card settings for old games

    Wow, haven't talked about glide wrappers in quite a while. I don't know how to tell if the games are glideable. The oldest games I'd like to play are: Monkey Island 4 The Longest Journey Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon The Black Mirror Syberia I've installed Monkey4 only, so not sure...
  6. B

    vid card settings for old games

    Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to set up screen resolution-nView settings to get the best possible picture to play an old game. I'm pretty sure max res in game is 640x480. I've tried that and other monitor resolutions, as well as many combinations of AA and AF settings, but the picture...
  7. B

    Control panel settings

    Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to set up screen resolution-nView settings to get the best possible picture to play an old game. I'm pretty sure max res in game is 640x480. I've tried that and other monitor resolutions, as well as many combinations of AA and AF settings, but the picture...
  8. B

    Empire at War

    I'd really like to play this game. It looks like most of you aren't having any problems. I can play for 15 to 30 minutes at most before the game crashes with some exception error about being unable to read a certain location in memory. There is a long thread at LA forum about this. I'm...
  9. B

    Myst

    I'm feeling like adventuring. Would you suggest playing out the series? It's either that or I'm thinking about getting The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Or maybe Siberia i and II. Thoughts anyone?
  10. B

    Myst

    Has anyone here played all 5 Myst games? I played the first one when it came out and loved it, but for unknown reasons didn't keep up with the series.
  11. B

    LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II

    Thanks for the suggestion Blakestr. I guess what I want, is not possible. How hard would it be to put in a pause function? I guess that'd make the game a different genre - PTS (part time strategy) or STS (selectible time strategy)
  12. B

    LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II

    I've played only a few RTS' before this, because the frantic pace of having to keep everyone busy in real time irks me and I end up quiting before I get into the game all that much. But, I really like this game, because it's LOTR. Does anyone know if there is a way to play this game semi-RT...
  13. B

    Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide

    I had no luck using all the other solutions - MS hotfix with reg change, nVidia's reg change from page 21 in driver doc, AMD driver 1.2.2.2, manually setting affinity. After installing 84.12, my system is stable and I've had no problems with any games, although my current games list is a little...
  14. B

    Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide

    Holy Crap!!! I can play KOTOR. Well, at least I don't get the black screen menu. We'll see. New beta drivers on nVidia's website.
  15. B

    Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide

    KOTOR definitely not working after applying MS hotfix, reg change, AMD driver, CnQ on or off, or affinity set on either core. This is the only game/application I'm having problems with, which leads me to believe it's up to LucasArts/Bioware to patch the game, if they even care anymore. But I...
Back
Top