Recent content by BFarm

  1. B

    Looking for Non-WideScreen, 17-21", 5ms, 1600x1200 native LCD...

    Agreed. I'm not having much luck. I can find some refurbs in 4:3 that tend toward what I'm looking for. All of these have 1600x1200, but response time is all over: Dell 2007FP - 16ms (hard to find) Samsung 204T - 16ms Samsung 204B - 5ms Viewsonic VP2030B - 16ms Viewsonic VP201b - 30ms
  2. B

    Looking for Non-WideScreen, 17-21", 5ms, 1600x1200 native LCD...

    I keep seeing very low prices for 19-20" LCD monitors all over the place and I decided to upgrade from my 22" Viewsonic CRT now. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for at all though, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice: 17-22" Diag, Non-Widescreen. ~5ms response 1600x1200 Native...
  3. B

    Long Range Printer - Cat5. PoE, Wireless?

    So for the directional antennaes, I would just use a regular wi-fi router and use an adapter to replace the stock antenna? Likewise, for the other end, I would just need to figure out a way to replace the stock antenna on the wireless print server? Maybe I'll dig around to see if there's a...
  4. B

    Long Range Printer - Cat5. PoE, Wireless?

    any recommendations for a directional antennae?
  5. B

    Long Range Printer - Cat5. PoE, Wireless?

    I am attempting to set up a small thermal receipt printer about 500ft away from a laptop. I've tossed around a few ideas: 1.) Laptop -> Wireless Router -> Wireless Print Server -> Printer 2.) Laptop -> Switch -> 300ft Cat5 Cable -> Repeater -> 200ft Cat5 Cable -> Print Server -> Printer...
  6. B

    Please give me advice

    Well we've tried a lot of things, re-arranging pins, re-wiring etc. We are afraid to change it to dynamic disk for fear of it reformatting or losing the data. The only thing I have left to try is to use one of those utilities off UBCD to try rewriting a partition table or something. Anyone...
  7. B

    Please give me advice

    No one has any ideas? The only option I seem to have is try converting it to a dynamic disk and see if that makes it work. I've read on this board though that dynamic disks in general aren't a good idea unless you need the features for RAID etc.
  8. B

    Please give me advice

    I have the same problem down to a t. This is a secondary drive that used to work on another computer and now doesn't. The drive shows up okay everywhere but I just can't assign it a drive letter. When I right click the drive box and look at options, everything is greyed out except for "Delete...
  9. B

    MS Windows & Office Change Activation ID?

    Great. Now I'm off to find the lowest priced retail versions of XP Pro and Office Pro I can. Last Question: Can you tell me where within windows I would go to change my license once I purchase new licenses? Or do I need to call MS for that?
  10. B

    MS Windows & Office Change Activation ID?

    Yes both the Windows and Office installations required activation.
  11. B

    MS Windows & Office Change Activation ID?

    Thanks SJ. Is there any way I can check to see what kind of license I have and what it will be compatable with before making a purchase?
  12. B

    MS Windows & Office Change Activation ID?

    Maaaaan, thats tough. I think it is a volume license (i.e. we used the same license for both computers, and I think there were a total of 10 uses on the license). Maybe I can call MS and ask them about it directly. Do you know what will happen if/when the company cancels that volume...
  13. B

    MS Windows & Office Change Activation ID?

    I read through the MS License FAQ but didn't find what I was looking for. The situation is that I have 2 computers at home that I used to use as work machines for a company. Now I no longer work for that company and they need me to release my MS product licenses. Can I just buy some...
  14. B

    [H]ot? Abit AN7 NFII Socket A - $39

    I picked up this board to replace a dying ECS K7S5A Pro I had. The board was DOA. Hopefully I will get a working replacement or some $$$ back from MWave. I should have stuck by my habit of only buying computer parts from Newegg I guess. Not a single DOA from them yet with over 4 years of...
  15. B

    Please help...dead drive

    I'll 2nd GetDataBack. It just helped me recover my Data and I had tried a LOT of other methods.
Back
Top