Recent content by Bambooben

  1. B

    Computer startup problem- needs some ideas

    For the past couple of weeks, I have all of a sudden started having a startup problem with my rig. It started off just happening once, then again a few days later, and then started happening everytime. What happens is when I hit the power button, I hear things power up like normal, but then...
  2. B

    Q6600: So where's the power?

    Just something else to mention on the subject of quad cores. In the past week I have been messing with my computer and trying to get FRAPS working the way I want, so have done a lot of ALT-TABing out to change settings. The other night I actually forgot I had tabed out, and loaded up ARMA...
  3. B

    Corsair 1066 Dominator questions

    I am running 4X1gig of Dominator 8500, and even though I searched the forums, didn't find much about the latency tweaking I could do. After a recent RMA due to a bad set, seems to be running very solid. Stock is 5-5-5-15, and when I was having problems before the RMA was running them fine at...
  4. B

    First two cores run 12C hotter!? (under load)

    I am having the same issue on my q6600 GO. Just got the new CoreTemp, and right away noticed the same thing. Speedfan reports temps closer together, but like 10+ degrees cooler, so wondering which one is accurate.
  5. B

    Help for overclocking Q6600

    By the way, what is the speed stepping features on a ASUS called, or where should I look to turn it off?
  6. B

    3dMark06 and overclocking help

    I know 3dMark isn't real world and all, and scores dont' always mean everything, but yesterday I decided to try out 06 on the rig I built in OCT. q6600 GO @3.0 4 gig Corsiar Dominator 1066 Asus p5k Deluxe Wi-Fi 74gig Raptor HD as OS drive 8800GTS 640mb Xtreme Gamer X-Fi I ran...
  7. B

    triple-monitor with multi video cards?

    If I were you I would just pick up the new Asus 3870X2 cards that were just shown off last week. It has 4 outs and would solve all your problems, more monitors and much better frames in Crysis. http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/01/asus-quad-dvi-packing-eah3870-x2-1gb-top-gets-previewed/ I am...
  8. B

    4 gigs and Ready Boost question

    I was trying to help a guy out that has a pretty weak rig, and is only running 1 gig with Vista 32, so I suggested he upgrade to 2 gigs (all his MB will allow) and just for the hell of it put in a 2 gig thumb drive until his memory gets ordered. I have seen reviews where Vista does run more...
  9. B

    E8400 32Bit or 64bit Vista

    They did the same thing when XP came out. It took most companies a couple of years to make the switch, and now they are going to do the same a couple of years after Vista. And then a couple of years after 7. I am running Vista 64 fine, except for I-tunes not letting me burn CDs (oh boooo...
  10. B

    Replace with same mobo, RE-INSTALL OS?

    I had to reactivate my Vista 64 after switching from an RMA, and did it through phone confirm, but worked fine.
  11. B

    HELP - P5K Deluxe wifi - Replacement BIOS Chip

    Wish I could have done that. I killed mine just like you and only found out after reading the forums why. I was able to bring mine back up long enough to get an RMA and back up stuff. Then I screwed up and left my CPU cooler backplate on the motherboard when I RMAed, and got a different board...
  12. B

    quickly scanning photo albums?

    Hey, I am in the exact same problem as you guys. Tons of photos, and probably inlaw's photos, and no time to sit and scan 3-4 at a time. I can't believe there isn't a good scanner out there to do that, and have spent at lest 3 hours the past 2 nights looking at options. I was actually looking...
  13. B

    For a Gamer, ive narrowed it down to 2 LCD's

    Best buy will have the 931bw Samsung 19" widescreen on sale for $129 with no rebates to mess with on Black Friday. That is the crazy day after thanksgiving sale with the long lines, but $129 may be worth it. ;)
Back
Top