• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Axeldoomeyer

  1. A

    Endian Firewall and SNMP

    OK I have recently installed Nagios on a machine that I am using for monitoring Windows servers and I would like to monitor my Endian firewall as well. I can't find any information that endian has SNMP installed. Basically I would like to monitor network traffic on different interfaces. I...
  2. A

    Classic ASP to ASP.NET any good books or sites?

    OK well I think it is time for me to update my skill set just a little. :) I have been writing in ASP for quite some time but I think it is time that I start learning ASP.NET. I am familiar with VB but I am not sure where to start so I thought I would put this out to the [H]orde for some...
  3. A

    High Gain Antennas

    Unfortunately wireless is not an exact science, or if it is I haven't found the secret of it yet. But the higher the DBi gain on the antenna the better it's signal will be. Keep in mind walls and other object will affect the wireless signal significantly. -Axel
  4. A

    High Gain Antennas

    If you are looking at replacing your router with a more powerful unit check this link out: www.microtik.com For antennas and cables check out www.highgainantennas.com. Hope this helps. -Axel
  5. A

    Cat5 Wiring

    It does not matter if you use the 568A or 568B as long as it is the same for both ends. Are you getting a link light on the back of your PC? That is the first place to start. If you are not getting a link light on the switch or the PC then it is a physical cable issue. If you have a tester...
  6. A

    Help a NonProfit Youth Sports program out?

    If you don't mind trying different things look at some of the open source CMS. Such as Joomla, Xoops, DotNetNuke, phpNuke and maybe find a host that has these in their application pool so they install automatically. Hope this helps a little. If you have any questions pm me... -Axel
  7. A

    Online bill payment solution for rent?

    In PayPal you can setup for Monthly Subscrptions and have your roommates use that for payment. But I dont remember if you have to have a business account with PayPal or not to do Subscription services. Hope this helps. -Axel
  8. A

    HelpDesk Software - Information and Suggestions

    Remedy is widely used, but it's out of the box experiance is not the best. It is a very powerful tool if configured properly and is planned maticulously (sp?). I have used it in the past and it worked well. The company that I was working for had an idiot for an admin. :) Hope this helps.
  9. A

    ICann just shutdown Registerfly!

    If you have any domains hosted through them then definately move them to someone else. ASAP. They shut my site down for almost a month and the money that I had in my account is gone. :mad:
  10. A

    [ENDIAN] Using transparent proxy redirects me to endian admin page

    Make sure that the proxy port is set to something other than port 80. By default it is 8080. I had that happen when I changed to 80 by accident. :) -Axel
  11. A

    Reccomend a decent cable tester for <$100

    I have several different testers from Test-UM that I have had for several years. I too wish I could afford a Fluke. But I can always dream... http://www.test-um.com/home.asp I have this one specifically: http://www.test-um.com/product_detail.asp?itemno=TP600 It will also tell you...
  12. A

    DoD contractor?

    I was a contractor for Lockheed Martin Information Technology working for the USAF. I was never an intern but some of the people that were in the same area were interns for the Civilian side of operations (GS employees). They basically were given the same tasks that we were given to complete...
  13. A

    Looking for a good Open Source KnowledgeBase

    Hey guys, I placed this in the programming section as you have probably run across the same issue at some point. It seems that my company runs into alot of the same problems in the field. Of course they are documented in our ticket tracking software but it is kind of clunky to find the result...
  14. A

    Questions regarding a CCNA home lab...

    Here are the specs for my Cisco lab. (2) Cisco 2620 Routers (1) Cisco 2509-RJ - Access Server (1) Cisco 2610 Router (2) Cisco 2924-M-XL each with 2 port SC Fiber Module The cost for them is going to vary depending on what kind of deals you can get from fleabay (eBay). I had a 4' relay...
  15. A

    Vista for system builders

    IIRC the System Builder 3Pack that you are referring to is 3 OEM Vista's. You will NOT be able to perform an upgrade using an OEM. Unless something has changed that I am unaware of. There is basically no support for OEM versions. Typically if you are buying the OEM versions then you...
Back
Top