• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by abhissekk

  1. A

    MSPaint counterpart for Mac OS X

    Well.. i tried chocoflop earlier. its a bit too slow. I wanted to add a layer of text on top of a 3000x2000 pixel image, i couldnt do it. I had to find a windows machine and then use paint. it is the only thing about windows that I truly miss. I even got my fav games on mac. but paint...
  2. A

    MSPaint counterpart for Mac OS X

    Hi I recently switched to Mac. I was looking for mspaint type application for Mac. I dont want to buy the whole photoshop suite as that would be an overkill any suggestions? Thanks, Abhissekk
  3. A

    iTunes 7 starts at random....

    itunes 6 did that on my old windows laptop. I just used to kill the ipodservices.exe using task manager.
  4. A

    iPod got wet; is there any way to save it?

    I have considerable experience with water and electronic devices. My room mate dropped his 3G ipod in the toilet and he had to fish it out with his hands (uugggh). The thing never worked. He was drunk at that time, so he tried to charge it while it was still wet, so that is what probably killed...
  5. A

    PSP Movie Converter for OS X

    I dont know where I should post this, but I am looking for a movie converter for PSP for OS X. I looked at ffmpegx, but it is barely adequette for this job. Is there an iSquint's PSP counterpart? Thanks
  6. A

    Running MacBooks all the time?

    Macbook( NOT Pro) has the following external monitor support "Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 x 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors" -Apple.com This is incorrect...
  7. A

    got hands on with a macbook today

    me too!!!
  8. A

    Help me switch!

    Yes, I know that. I automatically want to start an application and dont want to put it in the dock, is there any way to do that?
  9. A

    Help me switch!

    With windows, all i ever use is firefox. but on my macbook it has terrible performance. it hung several times and crashed too. i suggest camino or safari. another question! how do i get applications to start up automatically after a restart? like in windows we have startup folder. thanks
  10. A

    Help me switch!

    it is simple enough. just check the port the torrent software is using. log in to the router admin interface. go to the virtual servers settings or the firewall settings, depending on the router. set the incoming port as the same as what software is using. set the ip address the same as...
  11. A

    Help me switch!

    i configured my router to forward the ports and i got 100+ kbps consistently using both tomato torrent and transmission.
  12. A

    Help me switch!

    wow! the england anology is appropriate. i am from india myself, and it kinda applies to me(because India is right hand drive) but I feel switching to a mac(after 10 years with windows) is like breaking all but one finger. you still can work, it will be slow initially, but as your fingers...
  13. A

    Help me switch!

    The problem with azureus is that it fails to launch. it bounces couple of times in the dock and then disappears. i am thinking that it might be java thats messing up. i have a macbook with 512 mb ram and its stuttering. i tunes takes a good 2-3 bounces to load. firefox is unstable(which is...
  14. A

    Help me switch!

    hey fellow macsters(please excuse the expression!), one thing is for sure, after switching to mac all that I knew is useless. :p for 2 whole days i am been installing stuff. actually reading install instructions for applications!!! but one thing is, mac os x's experience is definately...
  15. A

    Help me switch!

    hi, i just bought a new macbook and I am lost!!! it feels so strange after windows. i cannot get azureus to work. and tomato torrent doesnt work either. Thanks ppl, Abhissekk
Back
Top