Interview With AMD About Mantle And New Radeon Cards

you have NO IDEA what your talking about then

nvidia will never go long with with and will likely pump out there own API
and nv being NV will likely be first pay off a dev make it only work on there hardware
AMD will be forced to do the same

doesnt sound like a win to me

the only good outcome is if devs tell AMD to fuck off but thats not likely with them drop loads cash in the lap

if you think its unlikly every keeps saying how nv is so evil with phsyx it only works on there hardware
just wait till you get the first AMD game like that and it only runs on AMD hardware
and i wouldnt put it past nvidia ether

this isnt about liking one brand over another id be saying the same thing about nv if they did it
but its so much easier just say "lol fanboy" and write it off
the more i hear the worse it is
that vary interview this thread links confirms it will NEVER RUN ON ANY THING BUT GCN
how is that good thing? it means at the least AMD is locked in the GCN for ever or at lest has make GCN core on any thing they come out with after this for it to keep working

most of the GPUs in the wild are Intel so it does no good for that
and almost all the windows tablets are Intel based
again NV will never go along with this
if it doesnt fail your going end up with one engine being NV only and other being AMD only
AGAIN HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING?
all for what a 15% speed bump for a few months way to sell out

Well basically Nvidia already had some experience with Sony. I'm sure that Nvidia can pay devs to screw games on AMD cards (which they already did).

But your jibber jabbering all over this thread now. So far nothing has been announced which is MANTLE only.

You don't want MANTLE you don't use it even if you have an AMD card you can still go OpenGL or DirectX.

Can you now stop posting your incoherent stuff or go play outside for like 15 minutes ?

On the one hand I'm concerned about nVidia's disadvantage, on the other it's exciting to see an API that's open thus not tied down to a single OS, could be handy for Linux or Mac gaming in that case maybe.

it's exciting to see an API that's open thus not tied down to a single OS, could be handy for Linux or Mac gaming in that case maybe.
OpenGL already fits that bill, and has been around for ages. Hasn't helped all that much.

OpenGL already fits that bill, and has been around for ages. Hasn't helped all that much.

And OpenGL is used on every device but for windows. That means android uses it as well.

What is rather interesting now is that you are going to have a library of games coming out for next generation consoles that suddenly can be Linux friendly :) .

And there is one company called Valve which is pushing Linux as a gaming OS, maybe that is the push Linux needs.

Actually, they don't. MS and Sony have control over their consoles, not AMD. AMD just provides the hardware. So if they don't want to offer support to use Mantle, they don't have to. The fact the AMD guy wouldn't talk about MS and DX tells me the future on XB1 is unsure with Mantle. Sony may be more open.

actually, you didn't disprove or detract from his post at all. It's 100% fact, that if the console developers want to get the absolute most performance from the GCN chips in those boxes, they have to use MANTLE. their own in-house kits they've designed around DX/PSGL or whatever won't quite touch the performance of a CTM API

i've seen you trolling a few posters on here about this, kind of annoying imo

Nvidia will be fine, they make great hardware and have great drivers. I feel that Nvidia has smarter people that know what they need to do to be on top and will continue to do so.

Nvidia will be fine, they make great hardware and have great drivers. I feel that Nvidia has smarter people that know what they need to do to be on top and will continue to do so.

not worried about NV
im worried this will end up sinking AMD in the end
this whole thing could horribly back fire on them

Nvidia will be fine, they make great hardware and have great drivers. I feel that Nvidia has smarter engineers that know what they need to do to be on top and will continue to do so.

I fixed that for you...Don't go lumping the executives in with that! :)

No, they reduced their employees by 15% or so and no where did it say they laid off a lot of engineers. Cry moar...

let me guess you still think im some kind of fanboy for nv? really
i have owned MORE AMD and ATI based hardware then intel/NV
and the last thing we need is for one or the other to go under

let me guess you want to see Intel and NV fold dont you?

let me guess you still think im some kind of fanboy for nv? really
i have owned MORE AMD and ATI based hardware then intel/NV
and the last thing we need is for one or the other to go under

let me guess you want to see Intel and NV fold dont you?

How the hell did you infer all that crap out of what I posted?

How the hell did you infer all that crap out of what I posted?

looks like was right it you that is the AMD fanboy here
i could give a crap i just get what ever hardware is faster for years that was AMD
but this could end up hurting them if devs to pick it up since they are locking them selves in the GCN for the next 10 years at lest
so more for it advancing hardware faster
and if Mantle is at lest >15% faster its only going to take 1 refresh from NV to kill that advantage
and then NV goes back to turning out just slightly faster hardware for twice the price
and we all know NV will slack on putting out faster stuff if they dont have to

so we end up with another console gen holding back the PC

/golfclap

^I swear, I cannot ever understand a single post this guy makes. Proper English (or even a decent attempt at it) really is overrated, I guess.

looks like was right it you that is the AMD fanboy here
i could give a crap i just get what ever hardware is faster for years that was AMD
but this could end up hurting them if devs to pick it up since they are locking them selves in the GCN for the next 10 years at lest
so more for it advancing hardware faster
and if Mantle is at lest >15% faster its only going to take 1 refresh from NV to kill that advantage
and then NV goes back to turning out just slightly faster hardware for twice the price
and we all know NV will slack on putting out faster stuff if they dont have to

so we end up with another console gen holding back the PC

/golfclap

LOL...I'm using a NV GTX 470 right now and have owned both AMD/NV. I don't care what color the card is, I buy on performance and value. What are you like 15 years old?

AMD isnt doing this for the devs there doing it because they CAN they have both consoles locked up
AMD is doing purely to make money
all this "for the devs" is marketing bullshit
Wouln't this make it easier to port your xbone game to the amd-based PC?
If so I think there is a benefit there.. for the DEVs!!! for the PC-gamers!! eheh

LOL...I'm using a NV GTX 470 right now and have owned both AMD/NV. I don't care what color the card is, I buy on performance and value. What are you like 15 years old?

i tend to by newer cards and hang on them them for a year or 2
i by what ever the fastest card i can get for round 500 bucks
same with CPUs i budget around 400 bucks for a CPU and get what ever the fastest one i can get is
since the 6800GT that has been NV be for that it was ATi
on CPUs was AMD up until the Core 2
pile of AMD hard ware going back to the K6-2
if any thing im an AMD fan

i just dont see this being good for any one in the end
AMD is betting every thing on this working out
if it doesnt it could end VERY badly

let me guess you still think im some kind of fanboy for nv?

You misunderstood his post, he doesn't think you are a fanboy, he thinks you are an idiot.

And I agree with him to be honest.

How the hell do you make out that he wants Intel and Nvidia to close based on Him saying that AMD has reduced their staff by 15%???

I don't see any signs of intelligence in any of your other posts in this thread either.

Why are people still trying to convince 1 uneducated forum troll? Just ignore him, move on and please don't quote him.

Just wait 'til he hears that not only Microsoft but also Sony along with a bunch more PC game developers will be presenting Mantle at the AMD developer Summit in November. :)

mostly because we have nothing else to do.

lol

i will refrain going forward however.

LOL. Another topic......Ruined. At least this keeps me somewhat entertained.

Back