Zune Replacement Earbuds/Canal?

86DRIFTER

Limp Gawd
I got a Zune 4 gig for Christmas. I love the thing to death, but frankly, I think there could be a bit more bass in these headphones. So I am looking for some good earbuds or in-ear headphones that will suit my purpose for no more than $50 not including shipping.

I'd look into getting the Creative EP-630's which are the same as the Sennheiser CX300's. Great little canalphones with tons of bass. You can find them on ebay for about $15 shipped. The only problem I had with these phones is that they sound awful when you first get them, but after you break them in over the course of a week or so they sound great.

My zune earbuds won't stay in my ear. You said canalphones.. does this mean I'm supposed to shove them in my ear cannal? lol :confused:

Not as far as you'd probably stick a q-tip into your ear. Where as earbuds rest just outside the ear canal, these form a seal around the ear canal, which offers nice sound isolation and imo a very comfortable listening experience.

As you can see, there's no way these would go deep enough to cause any harm/pain
6xh5xy8.jpg

There's a difference between canalphones, more appropriately referred to as In-Ear-Monitors (IEMs), and the relatively cheap earbuds that come with most every mp3/DAP device on the planet.

Earbuds are designed to sit on the outer edge of the ear, and sorta "dangle" there; you can insert them somewhat into the canal if you turn them and twist 'em in a spatial sense, then slide each one into the canal's outer area so the drivers are actually in the same position as the ear drum - meaning parallel, somewhat. That didn't make a lot of sense, suffice to say you can do it.

The ones pictured above with the rubber sleeve are technically IEMs because they are designed to fit inside the canal and block off external sounds - they fill the ear, basically, and cut out the background noise, more or less.

+1 for the Sennheisers

I was able to buy the CX 400's off of Amazon for $50 shipped (new seller looking for positive ratings). I currently use them with a Zune30. The only difference, besides possibly having a different driver is that the 400's do not have the J-style wiring of the 300's and come with a few extras like a carrying case and cable winder.

I vote for the Creative EP-630s, as I own them and they sound rather nice for the cost.

Back