• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Zune Power Question

obviouslytom

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
38,947
In regarads to getting power to the Zune, I know that according to the manuel it states that you would just power it through the USB cable provided.

I know that you can buy a power "bug" for it and power it through the wall but I would like to know if that power "bug" is similart to how the iPod power plug adaptor works by using the USB cable.

If it does, then I can use the power adaptor I have for my dead iPod instead of spending $40 to get a new one for the Zune
 
In theory, yes, they work the same (the setup is just one device to usb cable, one usb to AC adapter) and from what I've seen the power specs are comparable.

In practice - assuming I can't find a Zune AC adapter in stock I'll try an iPod one tonight and see what happens. :D
 
Success - with the Griffin PowerBlock. I just plugged the Zune sync/USB cable into the USB port on the AC adapter (i.e., discarding the iPod cable), and plugged it into the wall. Charged up just fine.
 
Back
Top