• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Zune Pass for UK

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
379
It looks as if Microsoft’s Zune Pass is about to make its UK debut. 1 month for £8.99 and 3 months for £26.97.
Further details are just barely hinted at in the sidebar, but if it's anything like the US progenitor, we're looking at an all-you-can download music service and ten DRM-free MP3s each month, playable on Windows, Xbox 360 (soon), Zune devices (still not available outside US), and Windows Phone 7.
 
About $13.75 a month (by current exchange rates)... that's less than we pay in the US at $14.99... :)
 
The Zune HD and Zune Pass are just so right on so many levels. I've had Pass for almost three years, just a wonderful music service and when coupled with the Zune HD, just really great stuff.

The thing is that while the numbers on the Zune HD aren't probably all that great, the customer satisfaction of that device is through the ROOF! 4.5 of of 5 stars on Amazon with around 600 reviews, that's impressive. And when you look at Zune discussions people simply gush with joy over the thing. Really amazing that Microsoft hasn't EVER pushed this stuff harder, they must know that that a real gem here.

The Zune is why the primary reason I think Windows 7 Phones will do pretty well. I see guys bashing Win 7 Phone a lot, saying this and that and calling Zune unsuccessful. I then tell those guys just to take a quick look at the customer satisfaction of the device and Pass.

Large numbers or no, its clear that customers are simply delighted with the Zune especially when combined with Pass.
 
I bought the 3rd Gen iPod Touch, a Cowon S9, a Sony X, and the Zune HD. I still have the Zune HD.
 
I still dont know why the Zune hasnt been brought out of the US. I still think it's being used as a 'market tester' for MS. Its been nearly a year since the HD came out and we've had two earlier versions and still nothing. I still say that the Zune Marketing Team are the laziest people on the planet.

I dont really want to play music through my noisy old 360. Luckily I have a black Zune30 that I adore however, 99.999% of the UK public are likely to just go "eh?" when presented with Zune Pass due to lack of the mobile hardware to use it on.

If folks want to test or sample new music they use Spotify for free.

Hmmmm.
 
I don't understand why MS doesn't market the hell out of the zune. My zune HD is by far my favorite mp3 player, and close to being my favorite gadget.
 
The Zune HD and Zune Pass are just so right on so many levels. I've had Pass for almost three years, just a wonderful music service and when coupled with the Zune HD, just really great stuff.

The thing is that while the numbers on the Zune HD aren't probably all that great, the customer satisfaction of that device is through the ROOF! 4.5 of of 5 stars on Amazon with around 600 reviews, that's impressive. And when you look at Zune discussions people simply gush with joy over the thing. Really amazing that Microsoft hasn't EVER pushed this stuff harder, they must know that that a real gem here.

The Zune is why the primary reason I think Windows 7 Phones will do pretty well. I see guys bashing Win 7 Phone a lot, saying this and that and calling Zune unsuccessful. I then tell those guys just to take a quick look at the customer satisfaction of the device and Pass.

Large numbers or no, its clear that customers are simply delighted with the Zune especially when combined with Pass.

No doubt, my Zune HD gives me that warm and tingly sensation.
 
If they are getting this Zune Pass, does that mean the Zune itself will be hitting UK shores?
 
If they are getting this Zune Pass, does that mean the Zune itself will be hitting UK shores?

Hmmm, good question. Perhaps but the this isn't meant to drive Zune device sales, it's meant to drive Windows 7 Phone sales. Microsoft has said that in time it will stop making dedicated Zune hardware and leave it to third parties.
 
While I don't have the Zune HD, I have had the 8 GB Zune and 80 gig Zune. Both were terrific devices. I played with my friend's Zune HD and it seems pretty awesome too. Albeit, not what I'm looking for in a device (awesome sound, which neither Zune, nor iPod have). Course, it's hard to top the iPod nowadays with everyone buying one, even if they have no clue what they're buying.
 
Actually believe it or not the Zune HD rivials the latest iPod in customer satisfaction on Amazon. The Zune and Zune Pass or simply a better overall music solution than anything in the market right now.
 
Back
Top