A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
On topic! Microsoft has a freakin' huge uphill battle against the iPod, considering that words have been coined now. Somehow... "listen to our podcast on your Zune" just doesn't ring.
I'm really curious as to what that guy's ambiguous purpose for tearing the Zune apart was, and not in the "ZOMG u tore ur new zune apart!!!1!1!!" kinda way.
Its awesome that 24 hrs. into the Zune its been broken down and had its component parts identified already. I'm betting that there will be interesting things to do with these in the future once smart people have time to play with them for a bit.
Yeah, there's obviously some vile hack waiting to be released in there I'm wondering if it's WiFi related.
Pretty cool stuff... for a while there in the late 80's-90's I thought electronics as a hobby was dead, but the advent of cheap, easy to use microcontrollers and I2c like interfaces has really changed things. Almost all portable devices are now some type of computer, you just have to 'personalize' that computer Also, the amount of information on the net these days allows for a lot of amatuer reverse engineering.