Zune 3 Software

Bohica69

Gawd
If you haven't heard the Zune software update was released.... Lots of new features. Games, Purchase music wirelessly from the device, Tag songs you hear on the radio for purchase later and a clock!

I am really digging this. I purchase two songs when I was near a Starbucks. This really makes things easy when on the road. Haven't tried the tag radio feature yet.

I really like the new updates, both with the software and the firmware. My only complaint, with the firmware, involves the marketplace on the Zune. When viewing songs and albums there's no indication if the music you're browsing (and perhaps purchasing), is DRM-Free MP3s. I'll admit I don't buy much music from the marketplace, but for that reason alone I think I'll continue to use the PC software to make a majority of my digital audio purchases.

I really like the new updates, both with the software and the firmware. My only complaint, with the firmware, involves the marketplace on the Zune. When viewing songs and albums there's no indication if the music you're browsing (and perhaps purchasing), is DRM-Free MP3s. I'll admit I don't buy much music from the marketplace, but for that reason alone I think I'll continue to use the PC software to make a majority of my digital audio purchases.

I thought it ALL had DRM?

I thought it ALL had DRM?

Nope...

Music is offered up in either DRM protected WMA, or DRM-Free MP3 formats. I don't know what the number is at now, but in the past I think around 1/3rd of the music in the Marketplace was DRM free.

I am also really liking the new updates. I'm still yet to download an Audiobook but tagging songs from the radio is a really unique feature that actually works well.

Best update to date.

I've found more useable stations on the radio

It sounds better overall

Love the games

Improved video quality.

Unless I missed it I still want a delete option for music and video.

I'm glad MS hasn't forgotten us "classic" Zune owners;)

I just started using my Zune again. Took it to work with me when I first bought it after Christmas, and found out it seems to be static causing the hard restart. Went to google and typed in 'zune randomally reboots' and found tons of other users having this issue. Hopefully it was a firmware issue, and now Im running 3.0

It's nice that even the original Zune gets the updates...without cost. Can't say the same about Apple, unless they changed their ways.

I'm glad they finally decided to add a clock.

What do you think of the games feature? I'm really looking forward to additional game titles.

With all the new features tacked on, it's really a great competition to the iPod nano.

The games feature is alright, although it would be nice if they added games functionality to the marketplace and brought out a decent selection. It's definitely a good start though.

I'm having a hell of a time getting Zune to work on Vista Ultimate 64. Anyone have any tips?

What issues are you having specifically? I haven't had any issues with my installation of Home Premium x64.

What issues are you having specifically? I haven't had any issues with my installation of Home Premium x64.

If you DL the 64bit version, it should be fine...

SO glad MS is supporting the old hardware - I don't own one of the 30 GB Zunes...I've only got an 80 GB right now (and just bought a 120 GB Zune Originals...can't wait to get it) but it is refreshing to see support of older hardware.

Back