Zune 1.0 Software Killing My ID3 Tags and Album Art

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm using Windows XP x64 so I'm using the Zune 1.0 software. I have all of my MP3's immacuately tagged with high-res album art stored as folder.jpg in each directory.

However, I noticed today that the Zune software is apparently downloading different album art (some albums have multiple album covers and what I'm seeing on the device isn't matching what I know I have assigned) as well as different tags of song titles.

How do I tell the Zune software to _not_ reach out to the Internet and update track info?

I don't recall exactly, as I'm using a newer version of the Zune software, but I thought each version had an option to uncheck, to prevent the software from automatically filling in the info.

As another option, I've started using Mp3Tag to just embed the album art into each file...then regardless of what the software does, the album art is correct.

I don't recall exactly, as I'm using a newer version of the Zune software, but I thought each version had an option to uncheck, to prevent the software from automatically filling in the info.

As another option, I've started using Mp3Tag to just embed the album art into each file...then regardless of what the software does, the album art is correct.

I poked around in the software and found the option. all is well now. thanks for the tip, butI prefer to keep album art separated because all it does is make the file size bigger. And, since I also use the MP3s with a player that doesn't support embedded images, it makes no sense to me to waste precious space on that player with an image that cannot be used.

I didn't see that you were using the hi-res files. I haven't been, and most of my album art is about 8-20k in size.

Back