Zotac NF610I-K-E Cool. :)

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
Just saw this up on Newegg, I've got the older wifi version of it and I'm rather happy with it. It makes for a nice little basic system.

Anyways, the 620i-K-E seems like the perfect basis for a WHS box. It's got onboard gigabit ethernet and four SATA ports, drop in a Celeron 430 and two gigs of memory and you've got a perfect start to a home server for $132!

I wish I had found this before I built my Home server (the original version only has two SATA ports). :)

It's a nice cheap motherboard indeed, cheaper than any atom board in fact and with support for wolfdales

Its cheaper then any atom board, But not by enough. If it had a pcix that would be another story, But if your building a low end system the dual core atom 330 boards start about 15 dollars in price from this. Only thing I could see using it for is a SFF headless server if I needed more power then an DC atom. Otherwise the atom 330 boards start at 65 (atom 230 at 58)

this is true, but they do Have PCI as well so allow for additional to be added if necessary..

Yes and you can add a PCIe card to this mobo too adding even more SATA ports beyond it's four.

Atom = 2 SATA ports + add in card
Zotac = 4 SATA ports + add in card

:rolleyes:

Yes and you can add a PCIe card to this mobo too adding even more SATA ports beyond it's four.

Atom = 2 SATA ports + add in card
Zotac = 4 SATA ports + add in card

:rolleyes:

exactly my point.. the SATA port number for someone with that being a concern shouldn't be a real concern.. I was simply saying that this board doesn't really have anything special.. Well other then price, but if price is concern then the atom's lead to better bang for buck..

I honestly done a real advantage such as a board like this. With no dedicated graphics the system is going to be service as a basic workstation/web appliance. & For that there is generally no need for any more then 2 SATA. It would be a bit different if there were many case's that you could fill full of drives that you couldn't fit a larger motherboard into, But most people needing that many drives are probably not as concerned with the size. At-least not until 2.5" drives reach the 2tb capacity as well for making a tiny server.

Back