Zotac IONITX-A-U Atom N330 Dual Core 90-Watt PSU WiFi ITX Intel Motherboard $115.99

Damn, this was so cheap I picked one up too. PC for the garage I guess... ;)

With all the work I have been doing with my whs and finding what you can get away with hardware wise, this would be a smoking setup with a nice small case if 3 hard drives satisfied your needs for a media server or nas setup. Good find OP.

What case is suggested for this as it already includes the PSU? Most cases seem to come with a PSU (small cases). Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry this is a bit off topic but what are people using these setups for? If i were to rip my dvds to it would it beable to play them back via hdmi? Or what other uses are there?

Sorry this is a bit off topic but what are people using these setups for? If i were to rip my dvds to it would it beable to play them back via hdmi? Or what other uses are there?

haha who cares what it's used for, at this price it wont last...

edit: it's all gone already

on a serious note:
it can be used for htpc (esp with the 10.1 flash update)
light use general desktop replacement

I'd say you can either use it for all 720p playback and most 1080p content. It would also make an excellent WHS if you're willing to add external storage via USB. Maybe a cheap PC for someone doing homework or surfing the Internet?

I currently have a Zotac 9300 with an e8400 I made for my 10 year old daughter, and I must say I am very pleased with the built in wireless with Win 7. For me, I think it will make a nice PC for surfing the Internet while I'm in the garage while working on the cars.

I got this combo about 2 weeks ago. I'm using it as my main HTPC now, mostly for ripped DVDs and Blu-rays. no performance problems with either under windows 7 MC. There's a small bug with playing non-5.1 material when configured in software for 5.1 but apparently it's being worked on.

I'm using this silverstone case, but the mini-box cases are apparently pretty cool too.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can't believe I missed out on that deal, I almost bit when it was $180

Back