Zotac Ion Cooling?

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
I noticed my cpu was idling around 80C. I am using the included fan, but case ventilation is not great. I'm going to add two more 60mm fans on the back to vent some of the heat out. Right now with the case cover off I'm seeing idle temps in the 65C range -- I would still consider these too hot. Load temps are approaching 80 within about 10mins of running prime.

Anyone else experiencing similar temperatures on their ION setups?

Has anyone replaced the cooling on these mini ITX Zotac boards?

Can anyone recommend a better case that allows for more cooling -- maybe some big fans?

I also noticed that even with a cpu temp of 78C the heatsink is cool to the touch. This makes me think there is a mating issue. I'm considering replacing the thermal paste.

Any advice would be great.

edit: Just read the Tcase is 82.5C for the Atom 330... I was pretty much there at idle when the case cover is on.

Yeah, re-mount the HSF and I bet you will see a night and day difference. You may need to work out your own mounting system / hardware, though. Might just not be getting enough pressure. Does it use spring clips or something? I'm not that familiar with these Atom nettop setups.

Reporting my findings:

My temperature reads a lot different in CoreTemp than in the bios or SIW. I found another post mentioning this here:

http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=762

Not sure if it's common or not, but if you have the Zotac board in my sig let me know.

IonCoreTempReading.png

Back